Author Topic: It's official! ABC has posted info on CS and PYL revivals  (Read 38309 times)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: It's official! ABC has posted info on CS and PYL revivals
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2019, 10:55:13 PM »
Tuesday is episode 108 and Wednesday is episode 104, they are different episodes from each other.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »
That's what Comcast's on-screen schedule shows as well as season 1, episode 1 tonight then season 1, episode 2 tomorrow.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2019, 11:39:38 PM »
Was at play practice for the early part of the evening so I was unable to see the new PYL in full this night, and feel it would be best to save comment until after I do so.  As for the new Card Sharks, I generally liked what I saw, as it did Mark Goodson's original concept quite well (double bonus for keeping the original theme, updated for the present).  This is probably the best way to do the show in a self-contained format, with one main round game tied to a set number of high/low survey questions.  Do you feel it's right to go back to the original version's making a duplicate card a loss in the Money Cards?  It kind of makes sense if you're having higher payouts, although the push rule did feel fairer, so I'm not wholly sure yet. 

Online ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2019, 12:11:47 AM »
Do you feel it's right to go back to the original version's making a duplicate card a loss in the Money Cards?  It kind of makes sense if you're having higher payouts, although the push rule did feel fairer, so I'm not wholly sure yet.

With higher payouts, I understand why the push rule is in play. But good LORD, those three consecutive Aces left a terrible taste in my mouth

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2019, 12:14:23 AM »
On Card Sharks 2019: I generally liked it as well. It did feel a bit drawn out to me, with all the time between card turns especially in the main game, but I started to get used to that as the hour went on. Something that annoyed me was the timing of each “ding” during the first half-hour, indicating the call of “higher” or “lower” was correct. It sounded before the card was fully revealed! To me, it was more properly timed in the second half.

I’m fine with a duplicate card being a loss in Money Cards. It was the original rule, and indeed to me it makes sense with the higher payouts. (By the way, I thought the Money Card chips looked pretty cheap.)

Little things: Was it just me or did the clubs and spades look blue instead of black? Why a gold background on the Money Cards? Why the “load and turn” reveals in that round instead of the traditional flip? And did you notice the obvious edits between wagers? One second the chips are arranged this, and the next another.

(double bonus for keeping the original theme, updated for the present).
I was hoping for the actual, original theme, but the 2019 version sounds quite similar. I still like. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:26:54 AM by GameShowKid »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2019, 12:19:19 AM »
With higher payouts, I understand why the push rule is in play. But good LORD, those three consecutive Aces left a terrible taste in my mouth
Really bad luck, though one of those aces was a change card.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2019, 12:39:58 AM »
Really bad luck, though one of those aces was a change card.

How many changes are they allowed in MC? 1?

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2019, 07:18:07 AM »
How many changes are they allowed in MC? 1?
Yes, only one.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
I know this didn't happen last night, but let's say a contestant hit the question on the nose, would they be rewarded with extra cash or does that not apply here like the Jim Perry era for the first two years or so?