Author Topic: It's official! ABC has posted info on CS and PYL revivals  (Read 38373 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: It's official! ABC has posted info on CS and PYL revivals
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2019, 06:49:29 PM »
Glad that they designed the Whammies similar to the 80s version, not some updated 2019-type CGI.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »
Glad that they designed the Whammies similar to the 80s version, not some updated 2019-type CGI.

Make that 2002-type CGI. They actually had CGI Whammies on the GSN show, and they looked (and sounded) terrible. From what we can see, it looks like they've learned their lesson from Whammy's mistakes--the new set looks like what a proper reimagining of the show for this day and age should be. I'm wondering what the music and sound effects will be--one of the articles suggested that they've remade the music library, hopefully in a manner that's faithful to the original and doesn't sound like library music the way Whammy's did.

I've really only got two gripes so far:
  • The board we see in the promo looks 100% CGI, like something I might mock up in Photoshop in under five minutes. The board from Gameshow Marathon actually looked better; it blended modern technology with the olden days, with light bulbs around the squares, while now as others have pointed out we have a solid white light for squares that are highlighted, and red light for when they aren't.
  • The logo looks like a cheap parody of the classic logo--it's hard not to wonder why they didn't use a more accurate re-creation of it; again, seems like GSM got that right so I wonder why this one's different.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2019, 08:37:51 PM »
Going back to the screenshot that LiteBulb posted, is the Whammy in square 14 a new one (that is, one that we haven't seen in the original)?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2019, 08:24:39 PM »
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Cool Steve

• In the Audience
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2019, 04:38:31 PM »
Another promo with some whammy animations

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »
Another promo with some whammy animations

The one thing I hated about that promo is how Elizabeth screamed "AVOID THE WHAMMY!", I hope that's not indicative of how her overall hosting style will be. Way too shouty.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »
It’s one part of a line, clearly taken out of context. Come on.

Regardless, this looks good so far.

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2019, 10:03:20 PM »
The one thing I hated about that promo is how Elizabeth screamed "AVOID THE WHAMMY!", I hope that's not indicative of how her overall hosting style will be. Way too shouty.

Pricefan18, can I make a request please? You keep quoting posts that have videos in them without removing the video...and then your post is maybe one line long. Could you perhaps see your way clear to not including videos in your quotes, and sticking with just text? It'll make your posts a lot easier to read, and will also make it easier on those of us that use our phones to read the site by making us scroll less.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2019, 10:29:36 PM »
On the Card Sharks front, lots of new images and videos have surfaced.  1133407223869202433[/tweet]]One video showcases the card dealers.  Like the Perry and Eubanks/Rafferty eras, there are two dealers for this version, but one is male and another is female, instead of two female dealers.  Seeing the male dealer in the video confirms JoePlinko's suspicion that the dealers will turn the cards on this version rather than Joel.

Also, the Money Cards table looks great.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 10:32:00 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »
On the Card Sharks front, lots of new images and videos have surfaced.  One video showcases the card dealers.  Like the Perry and Eubanks/Rafferty eras, there are two dealers for this version, but one is male and another is female, instead of two female dealers.  Seeing the male dealer in the video confirms JoePlinko's suspicion that the dealers will turn the cards on this version rather than Joel.

Also, the Money Cards table looks great.

One of the promos you can see the model turning the cards

Image removed. Please delete image code prior to quoting from now on. Thanks. - PTR
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:33:32 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2019, 03:12:11 PM »
One of the promos you can see the model turning the cards

Reloaden, same request as I made to pricefan18--you quoted the entirety of a gigantic post, and then you added a single line. In the future could you please just either quote the text and leave out the image, or else just make your post without quoting at all?

Failing that--mods, would it be possible to adjust our forum software so that when someone quotes a post, images and video are left out? This sort of thing makes for a poor viewing experience to folks like me that primarily use our phones to read the forum.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:14:13 PM by ThomHuge »

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2019, 03:35:32 PM »
Failing that--mods, would it be possible to adjust our forum software so that when someone quotes a post, images and video are left out?

Probably not, since it’s code that is being quoted. We can remove it after the fact, though (which I did).
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
i know this video pertains to classic PYL's whammies, but here's some Clean Audio of a bunch of them (thanks to Buzzr)

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »
Does anyone know for sure if we're still getting that preview episode tomorrow night? I'm looking at TitanTV's listings and it shows that it's coming on at 10PM, but I'm wondering if that's actually just going to be an early showing of the premiere, with the encore airing Wednesday night? (In other words, do I need to tune in Tuesday night and Wednesday night both?)