Author Topic: CSS Results for 03/13/2019 (Game 110)  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
CSS Results for 03/13/2019 (Game 110)
« on: March 13, 2019, 07:24:11 PM »
SC1 looked like another Fireball, but it was just enough to break Stagey's heart today. I really don't know where the extra bit came from... all the power to you if you can figure it out. Everyone was sufficiently scared enough that ChrisJ cashes with 23k flat.

SC2 meanwhile was one of the easiest in weeks. We just saw this Hamptons on Friday in Move, and 20xxx Corolla... led to a big ending war. 6 DSWs and 2 WSDs, Kev is the victor in cash and vhs gets first place.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: CSS Results for 03/13/2019 (Game 110)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 12:05:16 AM »
I wrecked it for myself with that WSD.  I knew as well as anyone who scored the prices of that trip and car were low to mid 5000s and low to mid 20xxx.   I knew I could DSW, and I also knew many others would. I wanted to be lowest DSW to increase my cash ranking.  And I got burned in the process. Ha. Should have just gone a bit over 25500 and been satisfied w a DSW even if it didn’t cash . Lesson learned. Maybe. 

The other showcase remains a mystery how it got as high as it did.  We’ll never know.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:25:09 AM »
Two straight WSDs......🙃
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »
I got pretty lucky yesterday. My signal cut out during the San Diego trip on SC1, and then I didn't double check the chat, so I mispriced a three day trip as $8700, which is insanely bad. However, I undershot the kitchen (probably by a large margin) and probably the second trip, so it all added up to a second place bid on that SC (of those not going over). When Drew read the ARP of 2, I had to keep my DSW excitement in check, as I had a nagging feeling that $21,709 could be over on 1, but miraculously, it wasn't the fireball we were all expecting.

Same story on SC2. I probably overpriced the trip, but underpriced the car. If we saw that Hamptons trip in MYM, it has to be four digits, which means that I'm off. However, I undershot the car ($19500 is what I thought). I came up with a rough total of $26,400, and then managed to shave correctly (and rather successfully as well, as once again, this was the third place bid on that SC). What an ending war!

Of course, I won't have to rely on luck if I can just pay very close attention to some of these things. Luck isn't a very good strategy in this game when there are known prices.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:10:20 AM by thatvhstapeguy »
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline ChrisJ812

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »
Yesssss!! 🙌🏾👍🏾