Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/01/2007  (Read 12013 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/01/2007
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 09:49:51 PM »
It's not very often that I get to say this, but the most interesting participant in a pricing game today wasn't even a contestant!  Becky, the random audience member who was shouting the right answers in Make Your Move, was absolutely hilarious.  I really can't figure out why Jason wouldn't listen to her -- it seemed pretty clear that his guesses were wrong.

Check Game was pretty good, too, what with Bob's random exclamation of "gloryask...askk"...well, whatever it was he said, a sorta-kinda correct explanation of the rules, and a weird check amount of $2,355.

I was surprised Grand Game was lost.  The jelly beans certainly looked like they could have been over, but I was sure the two wrong ones were the calcium and the batteries.

Today must have been "Cheap Car Day" -- the most expensive one of the three they offered was only $15,550!

Wow...Side by Side again.  That's twice in five days.  Meanwhile, Double Prices has now been absent for 34 shows!

The first showcase was pretty funny...and it was neat to see the Train appear in a showcase that wasn't Train Depot.

As for Master Key...I dunno.  Maybe it's just me hoping that people aren't stupid enough to think Barker's telling them the answers, but I'm glad Karen wasn't awarded anything extra.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 10:15:29 PM »
Gloryosky! Interestingly, I immediately recognized the phrase from West Side Story (it's in the classic vaudeville comedy number "Gee, Officer Krupke." I'd always wondered where it came from.

And hey, people not knowing how to play Check Game when they say they do is just part of the fun. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:05 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6699

The hotties
This morphed screenshot is what today's hotties would look like as one.

Showcase #1: Lauren, my niece the model who cried "Wolf"
Apple Computer - $1,809, and it appeared three times in the last seven shows!
Minden Grill - We're on it's second appearance, and we picked up a price of $462.
Chevy Cobalt LS - $13,640

Showcase #2
Ice Wagon - $3,428
Broyhill Living Room - $5,334
Trip to Auckland - $10,990

Modeling Report Card for May 1, 2007
Score to beat:  $73,663

May day!  $41,638 is the highest today, and that is below the average modeling total.

$102,157 is the price for 24 prizes and two groceries you saw on The Price is Right today.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 12:27:09 AM »
Check Game: At least Maria had a rough idea of how to play the game. $2355? Hmm. Could work as long as the trip is not worth more than $4000. Great job, barely..

Master Key: Bob's pushing the 2 in gave me some implying queries. Joker, maybe? My guess would have been Key 4, whatever that's worth.

Grand Game: Karen was a little gutsy with the Oasis for her second choice. She probably thought that was some regular wash. I can understand candy being cheap, but a big box of Jelly Belly beans is just asking to be too much, and it sounds like some of the audience agreed to that.

Make Your Move: How can candlesticks be worth 407 and the bedding set 4407? Unless that's a trick by the Dob, that's not going to work. All eyes were Becky, who I would like to talk Price with. Jason should have listened to her, but NOooooooo....

That's Too Much!: That's Terrible!
I was a little confused on the model. I thought it would have been around $23,000. And to think, Tiffany wanted to stop earlier..

One Bid 6: I think some of us knew Ryan was going to win this one because of the way Bob stretched it so long.

Side by Side: Sorry. I never thought I would say this, but I kinda miss Double Prices a little bit. Sorry.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline amnewsboy

• Outside in Line
    • Palabra Jot
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »
Master Key... I don't think I would have gone with giving her ALL the prizes, but I definitely think she should have had the choice of a second key.  I'm surprised nobody stopped it right in the middle.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 11:37:08 AM »
Check Game was pretty good, too, what with Bob's random exclamation of "gloryask...askk"...well, whatever it was he said,

"Glorioksy, Zero!" That's actually from Little Annie Rooney, a comic strip knockoff of Little Orphan Annie.  Her dog was named Zero.

The reason I point that out is because Check Game gave me a serious case of deja vu. There's a 1991 episode where Bob says almost exactly the same phrasing in explaination of the fact that he hasn't used that in forever and where it came from and did anybody remember it...it gave me chills because it immeditely took me back to 1991.  I'll try to find a video of it so you can see what I'm talking about. It's really awesome.