Author Topic: Going to the March 11, 9 am taping.  (Read 2986 times)

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
Going to the March 11, 9 am taping.
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »
Taking my wife to LA for a taping of TPIR. Flying down from Seattle on March 9th and coming home on the 12th. Flying into Burbank, it was cheaper than LAX. Got lucky with Expedia, free hotel for bundling with the flight. Have priority tickets and was able to reserve a parking spot inside the fence. I will be wearing a t-shirt with the attached image.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Going to the March 11, 9 am taping.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:16:32 PM »
Good luck to you.  Hopefully you will be called to come on down.

Offline Bluescreen_ODeff

• In Contestant's Row
  • Owe love...and owe love.
    • The Sweeping Developer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 12:30:55 AM »
Is there any significance with the number 938,356?  Just curious.

Also, I looked up the airdate for that particular tape date.  It's April 1, so just a heads up, anything could happen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:34:03 AM by Bluescreen_ODeff »
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 01:54:12 AM »
I looked up the airdate for that particular tape date. It's April 1, so just a heads up, anything could happen.
I suspect that may be the exact reason for the shirt design.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »
Went to the taping on Monday, March 11th. Got there about 8:30. We were contestants 15 and 16. Didn't realize there was going to be so much waiting. At 9 filled out the paper work then had pictures taken. The more pictures with the green screen, you can buy those for $20 each. Then it's around the corner and about an hour wait. Finally the producer for the show came out and everyone got their 30 second interview. Then it was around another corner and an almost 3 hour wait. Just about froze to death, there was a cold breeze blowing. Finally got to go into the studio at about 1:15. Seating is totally random. My wife and I were seated in the 4th row right on the aisle just across from George Gray. Once taping starts thing move pretty quickly. Neither of us was selected to come on down. After the taping was over my wife got George to sign her shirt and he gave her a kiss. The ending of the show was rather anticlimactic. I woke up the next morning feeling like crap, picked up a cold from someone. Then our flight from Burbank to Seattle was delay almost 2 hours. Much of that was sitting in the plane while the crew waited for clearance to land at Seattle.

A few things I took from this was the studio is much smaller than it appears on TV, you can't see a lot due to all the cameras and equipment, you can't see some of the prizes, stuff behind doors 2 and 3 were pretty much hidden.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:27 PM »
So was it not April Fools themed?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 09:46:01 PM »
You guys do realize they also taped May 16 that day, right?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 12:25:09 AM »
It was the April 1st episode. Throughout the taping Drew did April Fools stuff that would be considered spoilers.

Not meaning to step on your toes, but some of what you mentioned certainly falls under the category of heavy spoilers...even if no game results were mentioned. It’s best not to get too detailed until after the show has aired and/or promos have been released first. - PTR
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:31:40 AM by PayingTheRent »