Author Topic: A place for hosting my own PIR  (Read 589 times)

Offline barkerfan05

• Outside in Line
  • Exactly 2148.
A place for hosting my own PIR
« on: March 20, 2019, 07:17:40 AM »
Is there any place where I can host my own Price is Right game? I'm planning to do it on quite a few weeks. You can delete this comment if it's not necessary for thi section. But can someone tell me what section it is where I can host my own game?
"Oh, my! Thank you. Thank you so much. Welcome to The New Price is Right and let me assure you fans of the old Price is Right, that is y our favorite game still based on the pricing of merchandise, with wonderful awards for smart shoppers. We call it The New Price is Right, because we have some exciting new games that you'll enjoy right there at home, with our studio audience. And we're going to get that first game going right now. Here's the first item up for bids on The New Price is Right."
- Bob Barker, 4 September 1972

Offline tpir04

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
Re: A place for hosting my own PIR
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »
There used to be a forum in the Play Along section of the board, but that was closed down a few years ago due to a lack of interest. I hope the higher-ups can revive it because If they do I would be honored to be a contestant!  :-)
First CSS exacta: 6/3/2019

Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
A lot of you are probably wishing I hadn't started CSS.
Ever heard that 2+2=5? I have a simple solution: 2+2=5-1.

Problem solved.

Offline barkerfan05

• Outside in Line
  • Exactly 2148.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
I really hope they do! Thank for the information! And, if they brought that back, you'll be a contestant on my first show!   
"Oh, my! Thank you. Thank you so much. Welcome to The New Price is Right and let me assure you fans of the old Price is Right, that is y our favorite game still based on the pricing of merchandise, with wonderful awards for smart shoppers. We call it The New Price is Right, because we have some exciting new games that you'll enjoy right there at home, with our studio audience. And we're going to get that first game going right now. Here's the first item up for bids on The New Price is Right."
- Bob Barker, 4 September 1972

Offline PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »
We shut down HYO a few years back because it was becoming a plague on the site.  Not only was interest dwindling, especially among members who hosted really high quality shows, but it was becoming a haven for trolls who didnít read (or did read but ignored) the rules and tried to start their own shows without permission.  We also had those who did nothing else on the site but play HYO, and thereís nothing productive about that.

As awesome as HYO was in its heyday, I think the forum as a whole has benefited greatly from its closure.  Perhaps itís just a coincidence, but trolling across the board has decreased substantially from what it was before.  There are other reasons for that too (less bickering and drama, etc.), but I canít help but think HYO shutting down has played a part in it, too.

There may still be hope for HYO to return some day, but weíll have to figure out a much different way to implement it to prevent it from becoming a cesspool again, like only allowing forum staff to create the threads for each show, similar to how our Recap section works.  And thatís just the start.

I donít really see this thread going anywhere productive, plus it doesnít belong in this section, so...

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.