Author Topic: Car games  (Read 736 times)

Offline rowlande

• In the Audience
Car games
« on: March 24, 2019, 07:47:08 AM »
I know that one point during the shows history. When a cash prize game was played only one car game was played in those episodes instead of the usual two. When did that change 1986?

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: Car games
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »
I know that one point during the shows history. When a cash prize game was played only one car game was played in those episodes instead of the usual two. When did that change 1986?

Not necessarily true. Take a look at www.tpirstats.com and you will see that car games and cash games were quite often played in the same half even during the early 80s.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQ_RRwCfhY )

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »
I'm not sure when that took place, but I do remember seeing it and wondering why only one of the six pricing games was for a car.  I guess back then, a $10,000 cash prize was worth more than the price of a new car during those times.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 08:11:57 PM »
I'm not sure when that took place, but I do remember seeing it and wondering why only one of the six pricing games was for a car.  I guess back then, a $10,000 cash prize was worth more than the price of a new car during those times.

Oh, it took place, especially right after Punch-a-Bunch debuted, and while Punch and Grand Game were the only two cash games. It just didn't happen every time a cash game was played.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQ_RRwCfhY )