Author Topic: Your Game Show Pet Peeves  (Read 3320 times)

Offline cygnusx1jg

• Outside in Line
Re: Your Game Show Pet Peeves
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »
Realize I'll catch some flak (if people read it, that is), but here goes anyway. I understand the multiple reasons it is done, but on Wheel of Fortune, when one player has 25000+ and the other two have zero, we get to the third buzz in for $3000, and the person with all the money buzzes in and solves to get the 3 grand.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 02:29:32 PM »
Mine is on Scrabble when the champion doesn't get the 2 words within 10 seconds. I know of at least 1 episode where the Scrabble Sprint Jackpot was won with 1/10th of a second left.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2019, 02:35:19 PM »
Realize I'll catch some flak ...

Your wish is granted.

... I understand the multiple reasons it is done, but on Wheel of Fortune, when one player has 25000+ and the other two have zero, we get to the third buzz in for $3000, and the person with all the money buzzes in and solves to get the 3 grand.

So you're saying that the player who has won every round should, out of courtesy, back off and let someone else have a chance to win something?

Sorry, man ... if I'm simply the better player, I'm not letting up. This isn't sports -- especially high school and below, but often college as well -- where you get called out for running up the score on a hapless opponent.

Brian

Offline ooboh

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
Your wish is granted.

So you're saying that the player who has won every round should, out of courtesy, back off and let someone else have a chance to win something?

Sorry, man ... if I'm simply the better player, I'm not letting up. This isn't sports -- especially high school and below, but often college as well -- where you get called out for running up the score on a hapless opponent.

Brian

Itís just like Holzhauer on Jeopardy!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2019, 10:40:46 PM »
Realize I'll catch some flak (if people read it, that is), but here goes anyway. I understand the multiple reasons it is done, but on Wheel of Fortune, when one player has 25000+ and the other two have zero, we get to the third buzz in for $3000, and the person with all the money buzzes in and solves to get the 3 grand.

I agree with the others.  The idea of going on a game show is to win and win big.  You're not there to "be nice."  Otherwise, contestants on TPIR would be forbidden from outbidding another contestant by $1.
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007