Author Topic: New York Times crossword: September 30, 2014  (Read 1707 times)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
New York Times crossword: September 30, 2014
« on: March 25, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »
Because we're not supposed to reply to 4½-year-old threads...

Every week, The New York Times picks three crosswords from its archives and offers them up for free. This week, one of the freebies is the puzzle from Tuesday, September 30, 2014. I won't give away the answers, but two of the clues are "Modern host of 35-Across" and "Longtime host of 35-Across."

The puzzle is at https://www.nytimes.com/crosswords/game/daily/2014/09/30. It'll only be free for the rest of this week.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New York Times crossword: September 30, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »
Sounds like Mr. Shortz is a fan.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: New York Times crossword: September 30, 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 03:26:37 AM »
I normally suck at the NYT crossword, but with three key clues filled in first it was much easier.

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."