Author Topic: 2019 MLB Season  (Read 106567 times)

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: 2019 MLB Season
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2019, 05:43:19 PM »
"Oh, I'll be a few minutes late, missing the first inning won't be a big deal." - Me.

Well, at least my afternoon's free now.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2019, 09:06:09 PM »
And it’s all over for Atlanta. St. Louis awaits their opponent, whether they will host Washington or go to Los Angeles.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2019, 11:20:49 PM »
I'm not surprised the Braves yet again choke in the postseason.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
I'm also not surprised that Clayton Kershaw has choked either. He can now add a blown save to his postseason resume.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2019, 12:42:35 AM »
Howie Kendrick's grand slam in the tenth sends the Nationals to their second ever NLCS and their first since moving to Washington. Dave Roberts will have to answer to even more pitching mismanagement.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2019, 12:45:41 AM »
I knew as soon as Joe Kelly came in the Nationals were going to have a huge inning and win. As far as pro sports go, the modern Dodgers are an epic failure. Maybe this is finally going to be the Nationals year after so such postseason heartache.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2019, 02:07:12 AM »
Braves catcher Brian McCann announced after their loss last night that he is calling it a career after fifteen seasons.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2019, 03:27:58 AM »
Something has come up that is confusing me. According to the standings, the Nationals have a better record than the Cardinals with the Nationals being 93-69 and the Cardinals being 91-71 but I just looked up the NLCS schedule and the Cardinals seem to have home field advantage. What's going on here?
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2019, 03:38:39 AM »
That's because the Cardinals were divisional champions and Washington won the wild card.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2019, 06:42:42 AM »
These losses by the Braves and the Dodgers are going to sting them for a while and especially the fans were stunned too. Maybe this may cost Dave Roberts his job after another postseason exit...

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »
Phillies manager Gabe Kapler is fired.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »
Make that 31 years since the last time the Dodgers won a World Series...

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2019, 10:20:23 PM »
Houston holds on and will host the Yankees Saturday night.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2019, 11:40:33 PM »
I predict Yankees in 7 and Cardinals in 6.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:32 AM »
I fully expect the Astros to win the World Series as long they aren't stupid enough to try pitching Verlander or Cole on short rest. None of the other teams has a 1-2 punch like Cole and Verlander.

I'll admit, too, that, even though he didn't do so well in his start, I'm still a little ticked that my Diamondbacks gave away Greinke to the Astros.

As a Diamondbacks fan, I'm rooting for a Nationals-Astros World Series as it'd be cool to see Greinke and Corbin pitch in the World Series.