Author Topic: If I ran the Price is Right, here are some changes I would make.  (Read 2820 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
If I ran the Price is Right, these are the changes I would make.

Allow the two Showcase Showdown finalists to see the actual retail price before they bid on their showcase. The two contestants will then secretly be instructed to bid one dollar over the ARP and one bid an exacta. Out of fairness, the exacta showcase will be awarded to the WSD contestant.

Pay The Rent will now have one solution, once a month. Half the viewers won't even notice. The losers of said game will be gifted a free cheeseburger and expired coupons to any fast food establishment of their choice.

Retire Plinko. The top prize will never be won anyway. The replacement game will be TPIW, B. (Title has been replaced with an acronym for sake of modesty.) Contestants must battle a 40-foot AI puppet of Bob Barker. Losing contestants will have their insurance dropped. They must pay their own medical bills and proceeds will go to me.

If possible, reduce Ten Chances to Three Chances. For the car, the contestant must give the price of the car in one try or else the IRS will confiscate all their assets.

Let em Roll contestants will now have one roll to win a car. They will roll thirty ten-sided dice with only one car symbol each and if every die comes up a car, they win. If they do win, they will swiftly be arrested and jailed for cheating. The powers that be will then sue the pants off of said contestant, and will be given a loincloth out of generosity.

Fire Drew Carey. He does not in any way add flavor to the show. His paychecks will be rescinded and he will be sent to the FFBC until further notice with the message, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Bob Barker will be his successor.

On October 31, the studio audience must don costumes and act like their favorite Match Game panelist. Those imitating Richard Dawson must immediately be transferred to the set of Family Feud where they will engage in a meet and greet with the President of the Harvey Family Feud Network, AKA GSN.

Only three contestants will be called to come on down. This will make more room for commercials. The show will also expand to two hours, shown concurrently with Let's Make a Deal.

Let's Make a Deal will subsequently be cancelled, to make more room for The Price is Right. The whole hour of LMAD will now be devoted to showing 120 thirty-second commercials advertising the two-hour TPIR.

Showcase Showdown will be renamed the Showcase, and vice versa, in an attempt to confuse the contestants and viewers. The contestants, before they spin the Big Wheel, must name all the residents of Oklahoma with the surname Smith. Otherwise, they forfeit their prizes and will be sent home on a UFO.

Comment below with your thoughts!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:55:09 AM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: If I ran the Price is Right, here are some changes I would make.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »
I know what today is, but in all seriousness, I am for firing Drew Carey. Bringing Barker back however, no.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 11:05:05 AM »

:roll:

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 11:08:43 AM »
Nice April Fools joke. The first line gave it away.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 11:36:00 AM »
Keep it April Fools, y’all.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
If a contestant WSDs in the Showcases, then the Whammy from the 2002 Press Your Luck revival comes out and smashes a pie in the contestant’s face Double-Whammy-style

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 09:48:51 PM »
Well, AFD 2019 is almost over. Just wanted to tie up the loose ends by saying that I in no way wish Drew Carey to be fired, or that of the other changes take place. Just wanted to make that clear. Anyway, if you've got a prank to pull, there's still time to do it! And may all your pranks be happy ones.

Have a great night, everyone.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
The whole point of the show is to be close to the ARP without going over, so the suggestions in the first post are very dumb indeed. Anyway, it was a good joke, and I'm sure everyone had a good laugh over it.

But now it's 4/2, and time to lock it up!