Author Topic: What were the golden days?  (Read 3291 times)

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What were the golden days?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2019, 02:25:28 PM »
Quite a few people, such a loosely defined term, could be said to dislike pretty much anyone on the national stage. (And the same principle would follow at a local level, say news anchors or athletes). Quite a few people could have been said to dislike Bob Barker. It's a truly meaningless statement.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 04:33:08 PM »
Drew Carey keeps his job because the right people (those in charge) like him. I wonder how many people watch the show for him vs. the games, or any other reasons.q

You make it sound like I am the only person in the world who thinks he is terrible. We all know that is false.

Offline ThomHuge

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »
Drew Carey keeps his job because the right people (those in charge) like him. I wonder how many people watch the show for him vs. the games, or any other reasons.

The "right people" like him because he's obviously doing enough things right to keep the ratings (and thus the show's profitability) at or above where those "right people" want it. Clearly those "right people" don't feel they could do reasonably better with anyone else, or else Drew wouldn't still be there.

You make it sound like I am the only person in the world who thinks he is terrible. We all know that is false.

We know you're not the only person with that opinion. But you sharing an opinion with others doesn't make it fact.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2019, 05:20:18 PM »
Drew Carey keeps his job because the right people (those in charge) like him. I wonder how many people watch the show for him vs. the games, or any other reasons.q

Wait...what? CBS is a business. If he, or anyone else, doesnít deliver, they move on. Do you think those in charge at the time suddenly disliked Dick Clark when they axed Pyramid? That they had a grudge against the cast and crew of Guiding Light? Seriously?

Money talks. It doesnít matter how many people watch the show for him, just as it didnít matter for Bob. What matters is the eyeballs CBS can sell to advertisers who want to reach certain types and will pay a premium to do so.

There are plenty of shows I donít care for. I donít pretend the only reason they stay on is because someone ďlikesĒ the talent, the producers or whomever.