Author Topic: Double Dare Live  (Read 2580 times)

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
Double Dare Live
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:50:34 PM »
I know several of us have gone to TPiR Live.       Has anyone gone to DD live?     
It is in Green Bay tonight.   Just wondering what to expect, when I walk into the arena.     
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Double Dare Live
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 01:01:25 PM »
So - I went to DD Live in Green Bay last night.    Quick report.

Marc Summers was the host and Robin was there running the show.      There was even a very quick honorable mention to Harvey.

The event started with many physical challenges.   They did a kids versus adults thing.   They'd each do the same challenge.    The winners got a small prize like a DD towel or Tee shirt.   Probably the towel they used to clean up with lol.    Everyone was pulled out of the audience.      They probably did 6 or 7 events, at least twice each, once with the kids once with the adults.

After that was done, they did a 6 team (4 person family) elimination challenges to get down to 2.    The top 2 played classic DD.

The obstacle course was set up where the winning team got $100 per completion, or $1000 if they got through it all.

The family and I had a great time, it was mighty entertaining.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 03:33:32 PM »
So - I went to DD Live in Green Bay last night.    Quick report.

Marc Summers was the host and Robin was there running the show.      There was even a very quick honorable mention to Harvey.

The event started with many physical challenges.   They did a kids versus adults thing.   They'd each do the same challenge.    The winners got a small prize like a DD towel or Tee shirt.   Probably the towel they used to clean up with lol.    Everyone was pulled out of the audience.      They probably did 6 or 7 events, at least twice each, once with the kids once with the adults.

After that was done, they did a 6 team (4 person family) elimination challenges to get down to 2.    The top 2 played classic DD.

The obstacle course was set up where the winning team got $100 per completion, or $1000 if they got through it all.

The family and I had a great time, it was mighty entertaining.

Did they do Musical Pies? I was looking at the sign up form other night (it's here in Detroit on May 15th) and it referred to it in the format rundown. Sounds like they omitted it here though?

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 05:54:07 PM »
when i went, they did do Musical Pies

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 06:11:41 PM »
I was at the Hartford, Connecticut, performance on April 2nd, and they did do Musical Pies as well.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 08:48:12 AM »
Did they do Musical Pies? I was looking at the sign up form other night (it's here in Detroit on May 15th) and it referred to it in the format rundown. Sounds like they omitted it here though?

Yes they did.    I just omitted it from my recap.    I didn't want to type a novel.

One of the GB Packers was on the chairs, and his fiance got to pie him, but only after Robin added more to the pie, and more and more, and asked "the entire can??"  , so of course.