Author Topic: If you were a contestant....  (Read 8354 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: If you were a contestant....
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 08:33:11 AM »
These would be the five games where I believe are my best, worst and middle (would probably lose but confident I could win) as a contestant:

BEST
All quickie games (Bargain Game, Most Expen$ive, 1 Right Price, Double Prices, Squeeze Play, etc.)
Cliff Hangers
Clock Game
Race Game
Bullseye

MIDDLE
Hole in One
Plinko
Any Number
One Away
Rat Race

WORST
Lucky $even
Punch-a-Bunch
Check-Out
Triple Play
Cover Up

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »
Most confidence: Ten Chances.

Shocking but true: No Carey-era contestant has ever followed the zero rule and lost. Every Carey-era contestant who lost the game wasted at least one chance on a price not ending in zero.

Least confidence: Stack the Deck or L7. If those games were rolled out, I would assume that that they were being played because they were trying to force a loss, so I'd try to play "guess what the producer's thinking". I'd go the extremes on L7's last three digits, and not be afraid of going against the audience on Stack's GPs. Even then, you still gotta get really lucky and can easily go down in flames.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PatJK910

• Outside in Line
  • I'm a big Price is Right Fan.
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 12:28:51 AM »
For me the most confident game would be Master Key. Because I would know to the prizes to get the keys and I would make sure I don't pick the key that would open nothing and I would make sure I have the key the opens one of the prizes and most of all The Master Key.

For me the least confident game would be Temptation. Because I would take the prizes and leave and not go for the car because I would rather leave with something instead of nothing.
Patrick J. Kelley

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 12:06:15 PM »
With all due respect, why are we bumping this thread after it lapsed 30 days?
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »
For me the most confident game would be Master Key. Because I would know to the prizes to get the keys and I would make sure I don't pick the key that would open nothing and I would make sure I have the key the opens one of the prizes and most of all The Master Key.

That makes absolutely no sense.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.