Author Topic: Whammy skits you'd like to see on PYL 2019  (Read 1152 times)

Offline tpir04

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
Whammy skits you'd like to see on PYL 2019
« on: May 06, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »
Let's hear some ideas on the types of Whammies you'd like to see this time around. But first, I'd like to share a few of mine.

1) "Flashback whammy" where said Whammy encounters a Whammy from 1980s PYL and is confused as to what it is. The 1980s Whammy takes the player's cash, earning the respect of the 2019 Whammy.

2) "ATM Whammy" We are introduced to the Whammy trying to access his ATM account, only to discover his account is empty. He confiscates the player's cash and puts it into the ATM, which backfires onto the Whammy, blowing him off-screen.

3) "Electrician Whammy" where Whammy is attempting to repair the player's scoreboard. He "accidentally" resets the player's score to zero and promptly gets electrocuted.

That's what I have for now but I'd love to hear yours!
First CSS exacta: 6/3/2019

Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
A lot of you are probably wishing I hadn't started CSS.

James Holzhauer loses on Jeopardy, 6/3/2019. I am heartbroken. Such an amazing run.

Offline ooboh

Re: Whammy skits you'd like to see on PYL 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 03:40:27 PM »
Pardon me for going slightly off-topic, but two revived Whammy animations Iíd like to see is the breakdancing Whammy and the Michael Jackson Whammy. Say what youíd want about the latter, but it was easily my favorite one.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »
Not sure if I dare say this one...

How about a Sailor Moon Whammy, where the (female) Whammy is dressed like Sailor Moon wielding the Moon Stick, and performing SM's specialty move, Moon Healing Escalation, and hits the scoreboard...only to wind up "healing" the contestants' winnings to $0.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...what?!

Online ThomHuge

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 09:13:15 PM »

Since you dared to say it, I get to say this: dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:43:48 PM »
Since you dared to say it, I get to say this: dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Why?  :boo:
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...what?!

Offline PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 09:50:39 PM »

How about a Sailor Moon Whammy, where the (female) Whammy is dressed like Sailor Moon wielding the Moon Stick, and performing SM's specialty move, Moon Healing Escalation, and hits the scoreboard...only to wind up "healing" the contestants' winnings to $0.

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline Oeuvre_hawk12

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »
How many people even know what Sailor Moon is? Iíve heard of it, but never saw it. How many contestants and viewers would even get the reference?

Online gamesurf

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:01 AM »
Why?  :boo:

Youíre getting dunked on but you deserve an explanation

And yeah, Someguy pretty much nailed it, itís way too obscure a reference for the audience

You clearly think about game shows and Sailor Moon a lot. From your posts here itís evident itís a big part of your life. Congrats for finding something youíre passionate about! But you need to understand that Sailor Moon is not something the average American TV viewer thinks about often. And the number of people who would want to see Sailor Moon combined with 80ís game shows is not a very large overlap.

If your Whammy made it to air, youíd get three people creaming their pants in excitement, and three million people scratching their heads wondering what they just saw

The fact you went into such extreme detail about something like that didnít help. If you had tried pitching something general and accessible, something everyone can recognize, you might have gotten a different reaction
"It's the greatest challenge in the world to invent a new game. For every one you see, every concept that is ultimately refined and developed, a dozen are worked on and not worked on, or almost worked on, or dropped because they don't read any more. We test and hammer and test and hammer...

When you finally get it down so that it looks very very simple, that one has had the most complicated amount of work." -Mark Goodson

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• Only here to play CSS.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 09:05:40 AM »
I really don't want to see this, but I still expect to see it.

Fortnite dancing whammies.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »
I'd just have a simple Thunderstorm Whammy, where you hear birds chirping with a sun shining, but quickly, a storm cloud moves with a Whammy inside of it, and then a big bolt of lighting zaps the player's score away, only to have the Whammy get struck by himself, before the storm moves away to the right. I'd perhaps have other weather-related Whammies, such as a tornado where a Whammy sucks up the players score before the Whammy crashes upward, a Flood Whammy where a gush of water drains the player's score away with the Whammy, and a Blizzard Whammy where the player's score gets covered in snow and then as it melts, the money melts with it too.

It's quite fitting as severe weather is real world Whammies that can cause a hike in insurance, and perhaps the Whammy could remark about "your insurance bill is about to take a hefty premium! Ha ha ha ha!"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:28:16 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline ooboh

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »
I really don't want to see this, but I still expect to see it.

Fortnite dancing whammies.

If those appear on the show, Iím turning off my television

Offline tpir04

• Double Prices is the BEST game.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 12:29:48 PM »
First CSS exacta: 6/3/2019

Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
A lot of you are probably wishing I hadn't started CSS.

James Holzhauer loses on Jeopardy, 6/3/2019. I am heartbroken. Such an amazing run.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »
A Whammy picking digits off the players screen as if it were shopping at the store

Offline mechamind

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Looking for the next hug winner.
    • Mechamind Boards
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »

Make it a more generic magic Whammy girl doing all this with a "Whammy Wand" or something like that, and it might actually happen.