Author Topic: Whammy skits you'd like to see on PYL 2019  (Read 6737 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Whammy skits you'd like to see on PYL 2019
« on: May 06, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »
Let's hear some ideas on the types of Whammies you'd like to see this time around. But first, I'd like to share a few of mine.

1) "Flashback whammy" where said Whammy encounters a Whammy from 1980s PYL and is confused as to what it is. The 1980s Whammy takes the player's cash, earning the respect of the 2019 Whammy.

2) "ATM Whammy" We are introduced to the Whammy trying to access his ATM account, only to discover his account is empty. He confiscates the player's cash and puts it into the ATM, which backfires onto the Whammy, blowing him off-screen.

3) "Electrician Whammy" where Whammy is attempting to repair the player's scoreboard. He "accidentally" resets the player's score to zero and promptly gets electrocuted.

That's what I have for now but I'd love to hear yours!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Whammy skits you'd like to see on PYL 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 03:40:27 PM »
Pardon me for going slightly off-topic, but two revived Whammy animations I’d like to see is the breakdancing Whammy and the Michael Jackson Whammy. Say what you’d want about the latter, but it was easily my favorite one.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »
Not sure if I dare say this one...

How about a Sailor Moon Whammy, where the (female) Whammy is dressed like Sailor Moon wielding the Moon Stick, and performing SM's specialty move, Moon Healing Escalation, and hits the scoreboard...only to wind up "healing" the contestants' winnings to $0.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 09:13:15 PM »

Since you dared to say it, I get to say this: dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:43:48 PM »
Since you dared to say it, I get to say this: dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Why?  :boo:
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 09:50:39 PM »

How about a Sailor Moon Whammy, where the (female) Whammy is dressed like Sailor Moon wielding the Moon Stick, and performing SM's specialty move, Moon Healing Escalation, and hits the scoreboard...only to wind up "healing" the contestants' winnings to $0.

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Oeuvre_hawk12

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »
How many people even know what Sailor Moon is? I’ve heard of it, but never saw it. How many contestants and viewers would even get the reference?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:01 AM »
Why?  :boo:

You’re getting dunked on but you deserve an explanation

And yeah, Someguy pretty much nailed it, it’s way too obscure a reference for the audience

You clearly think about game shows and Sailor Moon a lot. From your posts here it’s evident it’s a big part of your life. Congrats for finding something you’re passionate about! But you need to understand that Sailor Moon is not something the average American TV viewer thinks about often. And the number of people who would want to see Sailor Moon combined with 80’s game shows is not a very large overlap.

If your Whammy made it to air, you’d get three people creaming their pants in excitement, and three million people scratching their heads wondering what they just saw

The fact you went into such extreme detail about something like that didn’t help. If you had tried pitching something general and accessible, something everyone can recognize, you might have gotten a different reaction
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Online Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 09:05:40 AM »
I really don't want to see this, but I still expect to see it.

Fortnite dancing whammies.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »
I'd just have a simple Thunderstorm Whammy, where you hear birds chirping with a sun shining, but quickly, a storm cloud moves with a Whammy inside of it, and then a big bolt of lighting zaps the player's score away, only to have the Whammy get struck by himself, before the storm moves away to the right. I'd perhaps have other weather-related Whammies, such as a tornado where a Whammy sucks up the players score before the Whammy crashes upward, a Flood Whammy where a gush of water drains the player's score away with the Whammy, and a Blizzard Whammy where the player's score gets covered in snow and then as it melts, the money melts with it too.

It's quite fitting as severe weather is real world Whammies that can cause a hike in insurance, and perhaps the Whammy could remark about "your insurance bill is about to take a hefty premium! Ha ha ha ha!"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:28:16 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »
I really don't want to see this, but I still expect to see it.

Fortnite dancing whammies.

If those appear on the show, I’m turning off my television

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 12:29:48 PM »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »
A Whammy picking digits off the players screen as if it were shopping at the store

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »

Make it a more generic magic Whammy girl doing all this with a "Whammy Wand" or something like that, and it might actually happen.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.