Author Topic: Johnny's throw to break after PG #4, when did "which are" start to be omitted?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Looking at early episodes of the hour format, in the first couple years, at least up to March of 77, he said the line in full like Rod would later. From at the latest March of 77 on he didn't. Anyone got an idea of when he changed it exactly?

EDIT: Going back further from June of 76 (June 2nd to be exact, or Dice Game's premiere) on, he started it by at least the 1,000th (on air anyway) show on July 2 (or the Season 4 finale), so would have to be somewhere between those couple weeks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 07:12:41 PM by pricefan18 »

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to be off topic here, but I sure miss hearing Johnny & Rod saying "Stay tuned for more pricing games & the fabulous showcases, which are coming up during the 2nd half of "The Price is Right", and seeing the logo zoom out.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Sorry to be off topic here, but I sure miss hearing Johnny & Rod saying "Stay tuned for more pricing games & the fabulous showcases, which are coming up during the 2nd half of "The Price is Right", and seeing the logo zoom out.
It was kind of cool to see, but cutting that out to save time was much better than other alternatives.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's true. I thought it was something really cool when they did that.