Author Topic: Grand Game question  (Read 835 times)

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
Grand Game question
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:33:14 PM »
How did they make the current Grand Game logo out of the old sign on the game board, and replace the old $10,000 sliding sign with the monitor?

Offline barkerfan05

• Outside in Line
  • Exactly 2148.
Re: Grand Game question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:20:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure they replicated the oold logo and board and placed the monitor there. I think they wouldn't chop off the slider and add the monitor.
"Oh, my! Thank you. Thank you so much. Welcome to The New Price is Right and let me assure you fans of the old Price is Right, that is y our favorite game still based on the pricing of merchandise, with wonderful awards for smart shoppers. We call it The New Price is Right, because we have some exciting new games that you'll enjoy right there at home, with our studio audience. And we're going to get that first game going right now. Here's the first item up for bids on The New Price is Right."
- Bob Barker, 4 September 1972

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:39:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure they replicated the oold logo and board and placed the monitor there. I think they wouldn't chop off the slider and add the monitor.

Really?  I can't imagine they wouldn't.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 11:45:17 PM »
The sign with the current Grand Game logo is clearly the old sign with the old lights taken out or something & the sign modified somehow to have the current logo.