Author Topic: A (Stupid) Font Question  (Read 4425 times)

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
A (Stupid) Font Question
« on: May 22, 2019, 03:42:09 AM »
I know that this is a stupid question for me but I need an answer for my Range Game graphic. Do you now the font for the hundreds on the Range Game scale? e.g. the 4500, then 4600. (I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I want things right.)

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
Re: A (Stupid) Font Question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »
As far as I can tell, it's FrankGoth XCn BT.  It's a very condensed variant of Franklin Gothic.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:19:20 AM »
I'm looking at this pic from Big Money Week 2016:

I'm focusing on the seven here. It seems like the top of the seven is shorter in the TPIR picture. Maybe it's just a design flaw. You be the judge.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:25:51 AM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:01:42 AM »
I'm looking at this pic from Big Money Week 2016:

I'm focusing on the seven here. It seems like the top of the seven is shorter in the TPIR picture. Maybe it's just a design flaw. You be the judge.

From what I can tell, it’s an exact match.  But it is also possible that there is a difference due to a design flaw like you said.  It’d be a VERY slight one though, and I’d say it could be ignored.  If I can’t find the exact font used in a game, I simply use a close approximation of the real thing.

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 01:31:38 AM »
Thanks a bunch to you GameShowFan9001 and tpir04. Gotta continue my Range Game. It really made my day! 😊😊😊

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 01:47:41 AM »
Uhm, I can't paste a snip of my current progress 'cause I don't know how. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:50:25 AM by barkerfan05 »

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 03:44:16 AM »
Upload your image to imgur or another photo hosting site, then post the link in between the two brackets

[!img]insert url here[/img]

And instead of !img in the left bracket, just put img
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 07:13:17 AM »
Alright, here's my progress:

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 08:40:34 AM »
The attachment doesn't seem to be available, so here's a link:

https://m.imgur.com/M3EN16D

Hope the final project is as good as the sneak peek!

Thanks a bunch to you GameShowFan9001 and tpir04. Gotta continue my Range Game. It really made my day! 😊😊😊

Absolutely! Glad I could help.  :D
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Not exactly "Left Field" avatars.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
I'm guessing barkerfan05 was trying to reveal the image on this page:

I also noticed that the URL that barkerfan05 posted does not end in PNG. Then again, I don't know what the Golden-Road image policy is for new users either (I'm only aware of the YouTube embed policy).

By the way, it's "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG". JUMPS, not JUMPED. Not that it really means much, but in the most life-threatening situations, the S can be important for completion purposes.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »
Alright, here's my progress:

One slight change I'd suggest: I think Range Game uses a less condensed bold form of Franklin Gothic and/or some other variant of Franklin Gothic for its 10's values.  I could be wrong about that, though.  All I know is that it doesn't use the font seen in your image, which appears to be either Tahoma or Verdana.

As for the font used in the logo, which I'm sure will come up at some point, I think it might be a unique font designed specifically for the game, though I think Rockwell would be a good approximation.  I think qwizx also has a font that VERY closely resembles that font simply called Range Game.  It also has loads of other fonts that are exactly or close to fonts used throughout the show.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 04:08:17 PM »
I'm guessing barkerfan05 was trying to reveal the image on this page:

This is exactly right.  The problem seems to be that he's using the address of the page instead of the address of the image.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
Sorry for I misunderstood the way on how to add images. And well, I'll be using the $50 range 'cause why not. Thank you again to everyone!