Author Topic: My Fifth Documented PG Idea: Coupon Book  (Read 2308 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
My Fifth Documented PG Idea: Coupon Book
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:54:45 AM »
The contestant is shown three prizes behind Door 2. The items are described, and then the contestant is handed three coupon tags with varying amounts. The contestant must put one tag on each prize so that, when the value of the coupon is subtracted from the corresponding prize, all three prizes will be of equal value. If the contestant succeeds, he wins all three prizes!

Example: three prizes, as follows:

1) a computer, valued at $2756,
2) designer accessories, valued at $2150, and
3) a motorcycle, valued at $2445

The are three coupons, with values of $856, $545, and $250. The $856 coupon should go to the computer, the $545 coupon should go to the motorcycle, and the $250 coupon should go to the accessories. All the prizes would then have prices of $1900, and the contestant wins.

Thoughts? Comments?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:56:47 AM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: My Fifth Documented PG Idea: Coupon Book
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:06:20 AM »
The contestant is shown three prizes behind Door 2. The items are described, and then the contestant is handed three coupon tags with varying amounts. The contestant must put one tag on each prize so that, when the value of the coupon is subtracted from the corresponding prize, all three prizes will be of equal value. If the contestant succeeds, he wins all three prizes!

Example: three prizes, as follows:

1) a computer, valued at $2756,
2) designer accessories, valued at $2150, and
3) a motorcycle, valued at $2445

The are three coupons, with values of $856, $545, and $250. The $856 coupon should go to the computer, the $545 coupon should go to the motorcycle, and the $250 coupon should go to the accessories. All the prizes would then have prices of $1900, and the contestant wins.

Thoughts? Comments?

Sounds pretty straightforward,  making it to where you're bringing three prices of three prizes down to an equal goal amount-- of course, one never knows if the goal amount was met until the actual prices of the prizes are revealed.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: My Fifth Documented PG Idea: Coupon Book
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 10:14:02 AM »
This is Clearance Sale in disguise. The only solution that could ever work in this game would be to put the most expensive coupon with the most expensive prize, the middle priced coupon with the middle priced prize, and the cheapest coupon with the cheapest prize. That's exactly what you had to do in Clearance Sale, which I never liked, so I can't say I'm a fan of this idea.