Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/31/2019 (TPiR Season 47 Dream Car Week: Day V)  (Read 12464 times)

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/31/2019 (TPiR Season 47 Dream Car Week: Day V)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
If there has been another perfect playing of Lucky 7, it was back in the days of 4 digits, and the 1970s. But I'm thinking this may actually be the first time.

Plinko kinda took the wind outta my sails. Would have preferred a souped up Pass the Buck or Gas Money instead.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline dconnary

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »
GREAT exacta in Lucky 7! When was the last time that four non car games were played for cars in one show? Shame that 3 Strikes was lost.

Offline Bluescreen_ODeff

• In Contestant's Row
  • Owe love...and owe love.
    • The Sweeping Developer
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »
According to Bob and Roger, this IS the first Lucky 7 exacta.

Source:
(The contestant only missed it by one, and it was declared to be the best performance of the game)
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 07:12:11 PM »
One thing I would have liked to see: at least one 6-digit car. Is this the first Dream Car week where all of the cars were under $100,000?

Of course, they have an excuse; look at all of the cars they tried to give away, especially on Friday.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 07:36:12 PM »
I had to leave for work before I got caught up in today's episode.  I was left dumbfounded after that PERFECT Lucky $even and THEN a Bargain Game "W" for two more vehicles.  That was NUTS!!!

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 09:43:29 PM »
Is this the first Dream Car week where all of the cars were under $100,000?

Since the inception of DCW , it is the 1st time that has ever happen.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 10:18:24 PM »
Holy monkeys was Lucky Seven awesome. It was clearly set up to be won, but not quite like that.

I loved Drew's stunned reaction, it was genuine and it's not common to see him shocked like that. But this was one time where I would have loved to see them linger a little bit more on the winner and let the moment sink in rather than immediately throw to "Who's our next contestant George?".

One thing I would have liked to see: at least one 6-digit car. Is this the first Dream Car week where all of the cars were under $100,000?

Of course, they have an excuse; look at all of the cars they tried to give away, especially on Friday.

That's a trade off I'd be happy to make, I think it's much more exciting to do an occasional all-car show with 3 or 4 reasonable setups, than to offer a six-digit car that's set up so it has barely any chance of being won.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 10:22:02 PM »
While L7 was nice, I'm sad for 3X, which has fallen into a serious losing streak with little luck. And that's one of the few things I'm really watching the show for nowadays, too.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »
GREAT exacta in Lucky 7! When was the last time that four non car games were played for cars in one show? Shame that 3 Strikes was lost.
During last season's Youth Week in the Sweet 16 show- http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,28326.0.html. It also happened during the previous two Dream Car Weeks.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 11:32:34 PM »
But this was one time where I would have loved to see them linger a little bit more on the winner and let the moment sink in rather than immediately throw to "Who's our next contestant George?".

You should watch the moment again then. Because Drew says "wow" a couple times, then "give me that money", then "I don't think I've ever seen that", then "that was crazy", then "uh, congratulations, wow!", then "well, show's over folks!", then he hands her the winner license plate, and it's still another 6 or more seconds before he throws to George for the next contestant.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2019, 12:04:53 AM »
I met Jeffrey in line. We started talking about the show and started telling him about the tricks to some of the games. He tells me that if he gets up on stage he was going to look at me. I was like, "No, no, no! Please don't!" Of course he gets called down and plays Bargain Game for two cars. He's looking at the audience for advice. There was a camera blocking his view of me, so he leans back and makes eye contact with me. I shrug my shoulders and point to the Chevy. I knew the Versa was relatively cheap and the Chevy was loaded with options, so my gut was telling me the Chevy. He picked the Chevy, and thank goodness he did! When he got to the contestant area in the audience he waved to me and we both started freaking out! So happy he gets to drive away with two cars!

Lucky $even was astounding! I still can't believe I got to see that in person! They cut for a break to remove the truck from the stage afterwards, and after Drew was re-introduced to the crowd, he mentioned that he was fairly certain that was the first time that had ever happened!

They still hide 3 Strikes behind the blue curtain, but the top of the board was peeking out over it, giving away that it was about to be played. After it was over a crew member had to get a ladder and unscrew the top of the prop, which folded down behind the board, before being taken away through the big doors.

Also, Plinkoman got to see Plinko played in person! Yay for me!
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2019, 03:03:06 AM »
He tells me that if he gets up on stage he was going to look at me....So happy he gets to drive away with two cars!

What, you didn’t charge him a consulting fee?

After all, he won two cars...
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2019, 03:11:34 AM »
What, you didn’t charge him a consulting fee?

After all, he won two cars...

Nah, not for people named Jeffrey!  :P
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 07:46:39 PM »
Agreed: Incredible win in Lucky $even! WOW! 8-O

But I am a bit sad/disappointed: Once again, no 10 Chances for a Dream Car. :-(

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
A Lucky $even exacta to kick things off? If that's not the best way to start a show, I don't know what is!