Author Topic: FPG 5/31/19 - RESULTS  (Read 267 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• Hosting FPG for Season 47
FPG 5/31/19 - RESULTS
« on: June 04, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »
(Some scoresheet issues caused this to be late, but they've been fixed)

Welcome back to the news. Today's top story deals with the appearance of 3 Strikes. It marks the first appearance of the game in 2019 and probably its late of the season. 3 people capitalized on that and solidified their spot in the top 4. In other news, rumors of a historic moment were confirmed, but many of our participants misinterpreted the news to involve our spoiled game.

Thankfully the historic moment was more exciting and worth the suspense. Plinko is still a disappointment on specials, but what's new? If you made a traditional lineup, you had a better shot at making it to the playoffs. This wasn't that unusual of a lineup aside from 3 Strikes making it aggressive, but just made for all cars and I appreciated that. Two people took advantage of the NCFAC opportunity and both Cephas and Flerb got $100,000 for predicting that Pick-a-Number would be played for a car. Well done.

Our 4 survivors are Cephas with 10/37 and 5/6 games predicted (only DP for Bargain prevented perfection), Flerb with 9/24, JJ with 7/19 and Punchy sneaking in with 6/18. dprice was doing fine, but Punchy nailed 3X and that gave him the final spot in the finals. Congrats to everyone who made it this far and I can't wait for finals on Friday.

For fun, Tanzerey would gotten $100,000 and 4/13. Good for cash, but not a spot in the final. 2K got 5/21 and that also wouldn't have been enough.

See you on Friday for the finals!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Mike SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FPG 5/31/19 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:13:42 PM »
While Dream Car week is a nightmare for a FPG playoff game, I felt I didn't play that well. I had Pick a Number and moved it out when I noticed every game 1 used door 3 this week, and every game 2 but Thursday used door 2. But I should have just kept both DP and Pa# as a hedge.

I also had a feeling on Vend, but never really acted on it and thought the turntable spoiler we had was A# for sure. I was never picking 3X for better or worse too. I also misinterpreted a light hint from a member attending this taping as Plinko being won, that and easy L7 cost me a lot of MG.

So in the end, I flamed out just before the end. Good luck to the finalists this year.
S4x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
I also misinterpreted a light hint from a member attending this taping as Plinko being won...

Should this at least have been posted in the spoiler thread before the match if you were aware of such a thing? I assume this was after we knew that Plinko was being played otherwise you would have had to disqualify yourself.

Quote from: FPG Rules
Likewise, any player who receives information about an episode for which FPG will be played from an inside source must also disqualify themselves from that game.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline OneBidTris

• Hosting FPG for Season 47
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 12:03:13 AM »
Someone in the chat hinted at a historic moment. They didn't give any other details.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Mike SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 12:41:00 AM »
and considering it was something no one ever would have predicted (L7 exacta), it harmed more than hurt. it was nothing definitive anyways.

and no, it was said before we knew Plinko was being played. I would have never picked Plinko without a spoiler, actually.
S4x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...