Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season 4

(1/15) > >>

GameShowKid:
Welcome to Season 4 (and the 3-D Pyramid logo now center stage). I noticed an apparent rule change right away: the contestant starts the maingame giving the clues and the teams at the end seemingly have no choice as to who gives (the contestant does) in the third round of subjects.

Other observations: Did I hear Leslie Jones curse? Did that get by the censors? And I know it most likely won't happen, but I wish the show would go in a more intellectual direction, as it used to be when Dick Clark was the host. And what shall we say about Robert?? I think Mr. Clark would have told him to "calm down" at the least. I, as host, would have.

Wow, what a pace Rosie O'Donnell was on during her second trip to the bonus round. I thought she and her partner would break Billy Crystal's very old 26 second record.

As for particular Winner's Circle subjects: I immediately thought of "a candle" and "Madame Tussaud's figures" for "Things Made of Wax". I had to pause for a bit when I saw "Types of Eggs"; I might have passed that one. The contestant gave some good clues though. Any excellent ones out there?

Was "Parts of a Sink" too difficult for a first subject? It's relative. And tough loss for not being general enough on "Members of a Rock Band". 

How  about your thoughts? :)

goldroadfanatic:
Hi everyone,  I'd like to let you all know that I had a great time playing tonight.  I was contestant Paul in the first half of the show! 

This was my first experience as a game show contestant, and it was amazing!  All those years watching reruns of the Dick Clark era and this version paid off; I finally got on the show and played the game for real!

I hope you had as much fun watching this as I had playing it!

GameShowKid:

--- Quote from: goldroadfanatic on June 09, 2019, 10:07:02 PM ---Hi everyone,  I'd like to let you all know that I had a great time playing tonight.  I was contestant Paul in the first half of the show! 

This was my first experience as a game show contestant, and it was amazing!  All those years watching reruns of the Dick Clark era and this version paid off; I finally got on the show and played the game for real!

I hope you had as much fun watching this as I had playing it!

--- End quote ---

Congratulations to you!! When was your episode taped? Tell us about the experience? :)

PGS25:
"Towel": 'You use me to dry off after a shower or swimming".
Wax: Candles, Madame Tussaud's statues.
Bra Sizes: 24C, 26DDD.
Science: Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy, Zoology.
Eggs: Hard Boiled, Scrambled, Easter.
Football Field: End Zone, 50 yard line, Goal Posts.
Fingers: You snap them, You eat with them.
Robe: Judge, Choir singers, Day spa clients.

$90,500 won tonight. A mild start.
No $100,000 wins tonight, but there is plenty of time to get them.

Paul, What happened in the 2nd and 3rd go-rounds with Leslie? You did so well in the 1st go-round.

goldroadfanatic:
In the first half, second round, I knew Pluto wasn't considered a planet anymore (it's a dwarf planet), so I said "Uranus."  Leslie then accidentally said "it starts with a P," and we got the cuckoo.  Also, I don't use my ice bucket when I stay in a hotel room, so bucket wasn't coming to me until just after the buzzer sounded.

This was the first session of the last day of taping, April 16, 2019.  Personally, I can't wait to see how the other people I met that day did on the show.  I hope they won big!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version