Author Topic: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - THE END!  (Read 33077 times)

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Re: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »
You have waaaaaay too much time on your hands. :D
Doesn’t make that any less amazing, imo. I thought that was the actual HYO when I first saw it.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
I thought that was the actual HYO when I first saw it.  :-)

Same! My first thought was, "Oh, gamesurf already started." Then I started reading saying to myself, "What kind of an HYO is this?" Then I got to the first IUFB, and it hit me.

But yes, great job, 9821!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 01:47:40 PM »
All right! Everybody's made it in the studio? Check! We've done the rules spiel? Check! Audience has their name tags ready?

Everyone's here and accounted for! Cameras are rolling, tape is to speed, stagehands are in place... it's time!

We're on in five...

four...

three...

two...

one...
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2019, 01:53:23 PM »
*cue Walking 2007*

HEEEERE IT COMES! Get set, internet; it’s time to COME ON DOWN!

From the newly refurbished Host Your Own studios at Golden-Road.net! It’s the internet’s most EXCITING thread of FANTASTIC prizes!

A fortune in fabulous prizes may be won by these people today… if the PRICE IS RIGHT!

PatrickRox80, COME ON DOWN!
tpiradam, COME ON DOWN!
PayingTheRent, COME ON DOWN!
And TPIRFAN#9821, COME ON DOWN!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right! And now, here’s your host… gamesurf!

Thank you, Announcer Dude! Thank you all for that wonderful welcome! Welcome back, all! It’s been a hot minute!

We're back with the shiny new HYO studios! It's like we've never left. Yeah, it's been a while, but doggone it, this place has got heart, and it's wonderful to be here in such an historic venue, even if the floorboards still creak a bit.

We have a whole threadful of fabulous fake prizes we’re hoping to give away… and let’s roll out the first one right now. Here is the first item up for bids today!

*cue 0218A*

It’s a lovely credenza!

From Hooker Furniture, the furniture company with the greatest name of all time, comes this beautiful credenza. With an elegant wood veneer, this gorgeous piece will accommodate up to a 60-inch flat screen TV. A perfect addition to any home, not to mention you’ll be able to use the word “credenza” far more often. When you have friends over, they’ll point at it and ask, “what’s that?” and you’ll be able to answer, “credenza.” Credenza is fun to say. Credenza credenza credenza.

Back to you, gamesurf!

And that beautiful hooker credenza will go to the one of you four who bids nearest to the Actual Retail Price Without Going Over…

Patrick, what do you bid?

Bidding order:
PatrickRox80
tpiradam
PayingTheRent
TPIRfan#9821
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - IUFB1
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2019, 08:10:05 PM »
I bid $Credenza!

Just kidding, $1,700.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2019, 08:35:26 PM »
$1,900

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2019, 08:43:23 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

And over we go to PayingTheRent!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 01:29:56 AM »
Perhaps there’s a Mazda to go along with this credenza?  8-)

$1,250!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 03:15:06 AM »
*DING!*

Perhaps, but too many prizes can cause affluenza...

TPIRfan#9821, you have the final say!

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2019, 04:16:01 AM »
I'm already getting sick of these jokes. I feel like I'm coming down with influenza...

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 07:51:02 AM »
Who knows? Maybe I'll win a trip to Vicenza  :-D

$1,901, gamesurf!

*stays away from Adam*

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 08:26:47 AM »
Or a year's supply of pizza! (Sorry. Couldn't resist!)  :biggrin:
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:13 AM »
Or a year's supply of pizza! (Sorry. Couldn't resist!)  :biggrin:
That doesn't rhyme. You certainly aren't from Mensa.  :-D
Stop the madness.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
It’s ok I’m used to it

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 01:26:24 PM »
Pulling out the big guns already! Hey Adam, at least least on this show you'll get a chance to place more than one bid.

And the Actual Retail Price of that credenza is….

$2,449! And TPIRfan#9821 is our winner! 9821, won’t you come up onstage with me!

9821, this is an historic moment. Never before have we had anybody on this show that’s leaked what was probably the highest-effort joke about laxatives on the Price is Right this board has ever seen. You truly are a LFaT--a Laxative Friend and True. I’ll bet you’ve been waiting two and a half years for this, haven’t you?

Well, your patience has been rewarded! We have an extremely innovative new prize waiting for you… what is it, Copy Crooner?

*cue Starcrossed*

It’s the chance to skip waiting in lines for a whole year!

The average American will spend 2 to 5 years of their lifetime waiting in line. Why throw your life away? Forget waiting in line at airports or amusement parks... you’re too good for that!

From TaskRabbit, the online marketplace that matches freelance labor with local demand, you will be able to hire 300 hours of line waiters for any task of your choice! Movies, sporting events, the DMV… you’ll be able to hire a cheerful, professional line waiter that will hold your spot in any line at the rate of $25 an hour, freeing you up to enjoy more productive things!

This ethically questionable prize is valued at $7,500!

And that coveted prize will be yours if you can save the life of Johannes here. Now, Johannes is a young, wide-eyed, idealistic mountain climber who's set off to see the world.

Unfortunately, he's not very bright. He likes to hike more than he likes to think. In fact, if you don't stop him, he'll march right off the edge of that cliff! But you can save his life if you know something about these three prizes.

*cue Bhen*

First, this 16 oz insulated water bottle is eco-friendly and 100% BPA free, so nobody’s going to confuse you with those filthy heathens who use that crinkly plastic garbage!

Next, learn all about Newton’s laws of motion with this STEM assembly kit! Build working models of windmills, cranes, and more! Appropriate for children ages 8 and up.

And finally, this easy-to-use food processor will absolutely decimate its contents, up to 3.5 cups at a time. Imagine the possibilities! Turn rolled oats into flour. Turn cream into butter. Turn the latest big-ticket electronic device into a clickbaity “will it blend” YouTube video!

Johannes can move 25 steps safely up this mountain. Tell me what you think is the price of the water bottle--and only the water bottle. Get as close as you can to the price--for every dollar your guess is off by, Johannes is going to take one step closer to his death!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:28:27 PM by gamesurf »