Author Topic: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - THE END!  (Read 32855 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - PG2
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
*DING!*

Just yanking your chain, DSB. Although our consolation prizes are... something

tpir04 bids $1174, and over we go to Patrick!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - PG2
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
Although our consolation prizes are... something

A year's supply of Ex-Lax!!!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - IUFB3
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2019, 12:50:07 PM »
*prod prod*

PatrickRox80 has under four hours to bid.
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 02:12:52 PM »
When in Rome...

$774.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
At the risk of losing this round and being one upped again in succeeding rounds...

$1

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 03:31:38 PM »
Alright, now we all beat up Adam for not bidding $574.  :-D

By the way...you do know this is the last IUFB for this show, so nobody's gonna 1-up you later, right???  ;)

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: The Gritty Reboot: gamesurf's Price is Right - PG3
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 10:00:52 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

Adam turns the other cheek on his row mates. Will it pay off for him? Let's see. The Actual Retail Price is...

And Adam gets the last laugh!

Come up here, Adam. Now, you've been here since the start of the show, but I hope it's been worth the wait. You've picked a fine time to come up here on stage.

Hoo boy, do we have a prize for you! Show him, Voice Man!

A NEW CAR!!!

*cue Passing Lane*

The 2019 Honda Fit EX! Comes with standard equipment plus 1.5 liter four cylinder engine, remote start, moonroof visor, and door edge guards. The Honda Fit!

And you can win it playing Cover Up!

A cover up is a concerted effort to keep illegal or unethical actions from becoming known. That definition has nothing to do with this game!

We see a price of $99,999 on that car. That claim of $99,999 was…uh, a slight exaggeration. We don’t know anything about how any of those numbers got there, and we absolutely would never try to inflate our prize values for accounting purposes. That would be extremely illegal!

So we’ve gotta do something about fixing that before our audit. Wait! Why don’t you help us by doing it for us?

Every single number in that price is wrong and needs to be corrected. Cover up the first digit with a two or a one. Cover up the second digit with a seven, eight, or zero. Cover up the third digit with four, seven, two, or six. And so on, and so on.

If you’re right, and you’re able to restore the actual price, you will win the car! And if you’re not… well, we don’t want that to happen. None of us want to be the subject of a fraud investigation, right? Cause let’s just say, if we’re going down, you’re going down with us.

Ready, Adam? Cover up!

*cue oddball think music*

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:05:20 PM by gamesurf »

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
A cover up is a concerted effort to keep illegal or unethical actions from becoming known. That definition has nothing to do with this game!

We see a price of $99,999 on that car. That claim of $99,999 was…uh, a slight exaggeration. We don’t know anything about how any of those numbers got there, and we absolutely would never try to inflate our prize values for accounting purposes. That would be extremely illegal!

pulls out my phone and starts pushing buttons before holding it up to my ear.

...Hello, IRS?  :P

Alright, now we all beat up Adam for not bidding $574.  :-D

punches Adam in the arm for not making that bid, which also would have won him the turntable.  :-D
Stop the madness.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 10:48:32 PM »
Peanut gallery: $28k+ is the best guess you could make.  The 2 covers the case that it's $20,000+, and the 8 covers the case that it's $18,000+.  I can tell you though that the Fit EX is not gonna be $17,000 anything, so you should be guaranteed to get exactly one of the first two digits right and get a guaranteed third guess.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2019, 11:01:37 PM »
pulls out my phone

Man, it's a good thing you didn't make it out of Contestant's Row; S&P wouldn't have liked that you didn't turn in your phone before the taping,ya cheater :P

Peanut Gallery: I would personally guess $10,xxx to begin with. I doubt a Honda Fit is $27k+, so this forces you to get exactly one of the first two numbers right, which gives you at least two more chances to get the price right.

If I were to take a one-shot guess, I'd go either $18,254 or $17,744, since I feel that the options somehow add up with something ending with a 9 plus something ending in a 5. The former is the smallest $18,xx4 value you can get without repeating a digit, while $17,744 is just a jerk move due to two pairs of repeating digits, and I feel like this setup falls in one of those two categories.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2019, 11:28:17 PM »
Man, it's a good thing you didn't make it out of Contestant's Row; S&P wouldn't have liked that you didn't turn in your phone before the taping,ya cheater :P
This is a flip phone.  :P

And as for what I would guess: $17,222. That way, you can see if the 7 is right or not, and I like repeating digits.  :-D
Stop the madness.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2019, 12:47:46 AM »
This is a flip phone.  :P

People still use flip phones? :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »
People still use flip phones? :lol:

I use what is called a tin can and a string. Sometimes they're much more reliable, anyway!

I'd say $18,657.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2019, 10:41:30 AM »
$18,687

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »

He's gotten a lot of help from the audience, and he's set it to $18,687. Is that the right price?

*BUZZ!*

No. Well, even if you got at least ONE number right, that would be an improvement. Tell you what, I’ll give you another chance as long as you get any numbers right.

Which numbers, if any, does he have right?

*DING!*

Four! Four numbers right! I tell you, this man knows how to price a Honda Fit!

Adam, the good news is that you have four numbers right. The bad news is you're missing the tens digit. I'll give you one more shot--cover up the tens digit with either a five, two, four, or one. If you can pick the correct digit on this turn, you're a winner!

*cue oddball think music*
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:20:06 PM by gamesurf »