Author Topic: Your favorite TPIR camera shots  (Read 11526 times)

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
Re: Your favorite TPIR camera shots
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 01:18:25 PM »
The BEST SHOT EVER, in my opinion, is the 1972-late 1980 shot of the turntable spinning around, while Bob throws it to commercial. Hands down!!!

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 09:55:20 PM »
The BEST SHOT EVER, in my opinion, is the 1972-late 1980 shot of the turntable spinning around, while Bob throws it to commercial. Hands down!!!

Agreed, especially when the game was won and the numbers would be flashing or you would see the second hand on Clock Game reset and ZIP back up to :30

I also miss the shot of the darkened stage, except for the door chase lights used in the "Every Room in the House" showcases.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline superballfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »
My favorite camera angle was for Superball. When all the bids were done, the camera would be in a diagonal angle showing the contestants and the winner coming up on stage to meet Bob.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 03:56:32 AM »
I used to love the opening sequence between the two cameras during the first four calldown: one panning the audience and snap-zooming to the contestant, the other following the contestant all the way to CR. That was so fast-paced, it created excitement.  Today’s opening sequence just does not do justice, with the wide angles, slow zoom, and lack of “mystery” as the camera operators are already generally fixated on the chosen contestants.

The camera work for golden road was always intriguing to me.  So much of the stage is shown, yet due to masterful blocking the cameras were not seen (save for a small inadvertent glimpse).

I think the current Plinko reveal is the best the show has ever had, and one of the few good uses of the jib camera.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 07:54:05 PM »
I always liked the split-screen shot of the contestant and the big wheel (the triangular shot of the contestant pointing at where the wheel is). It seemed like a very mondo-cool technique, even with it being kinda used today with a modern twist.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline LoyalFriendAndTrue

• Outside in Line
  • Spinnin' That Wheel
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »
So many great shots and on top of that I got to learn what a jib was (after looking it up lol). We have a place that sells hot dogs here with Jib in its name so I was confused!

I love the shot when the models move the prices on Switch!!! There have definitely been a few times when they almost accidentally do "the Bump"!!

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2019, 07:48:08 AM »
I miss when they use to show the reaction shot of the contestants after they win or lose a pricing game. This would be done whenever they go into a commercial.

I also miss when Bob would walk in front of door 2 after most expensive, one right price, danger price, etc. is played and he would throw into a commercial.

When did the show stopped using these camera shots? When was the last episode these shots were used?

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2019, 05:18:36 PM »
I used to love the opening sequence between the two cameras during the first four calldown: one panning the audience and snap-zooming to the contestant, the other following the contestant all the way to CR. That was so fast-paced, it created excitement.  Today’s opening sequence just does not do justice, with the wide angles, slow zoom, and lack of “mystery” as the camera operators are already generally fixated on the chosen contestants.

I agree with all of this. I'll occasionally go down a YouTube rabbit hole and watch countless openings form the 70's and 80's. The modern opening is so watered down by comparison. My main gripe is the use of fade transitions when going to the next calldown. Breslow's frequent cuts from camera to camera created a frenetic energy in the classic opening. The fades used today suck that energy right out.