Author Topic: Shock's Half-Hour Price is Right: Episode 1: Modernized 1972 Price! - Final  (Read 35603 times)

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Come on down!

I'm back, baby!  :-D

You have no idea how pumped I am. After two and a half years, we can finally host a show on this amazing forum once more, and I'm so excited to be able to call all of you down once again!

And to pay tribute to this forum's renewal, and just The Price is Right in general, this will be a half hour show, just like it was back in 1972. And, coincidentally, that is going to be the theme of this show. That's right; I'm going to modernize this episode based on how it would have appeared in the first year The New Price is Right was aired!

So if you're excited to see this modern adaptation of classic Price is Right, sign up so we can have some fun!  :-)

I still don't have any graphics, but I will have pictures and different font colors, so you'll be able to see everything nice and clear.  :-)

Now, I'll restate my rules.

1. I will send you a PM when you are called down to Contestant's Row, but it is your responsibility to check your messages frequently to make sure you don't miss it.

2. 24 hours for everything! If you fail to meet this 24 hour deadline once, you will be skipped in Contestant's Row, and I will call up another person if you miss this deadline during a pricing game, the Showcase Showdown, or the Showcases. If you miss the deadline twice in Contestant's Row, you will be eliminated.

3. I can be flexible with the deadline as long as you PM me details beforehand. I can and will handle it from there.

4. Audience participation is very much encouraged!  :-) ...It's also more or less compulsory.  ;-)  :P

Oh, and because it's topical, I have a juicy little question for you all! The funniest responses will allow you to gain heavy priority in when you are called up to Contestant's Row, so it is very much encouraged for you to create one if you sign up for this show.  :-)

Here is the scenario:

Since Mike Richards left Price to pursue a job with Sony, the executives naturally decided to promote existing producer Adam Sandler. ...However, due to an accidental typo, they hired the actor and producer of such movies like Happy Gilmore to be the executive producer instead! The producers realized this clerical error too late, and now Adam Sandler has full control of The Price is Right for the 48th season premiere! ...What happens in that episode under his 'direction?'

I expect great things from you all.  ;-)

Have fun, and I will start the episode on July 7th! As such, you all have about 72 hours to sign up for this show, although I am open to extending this deadline at any point.  :-)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:59:54 PM by therealcu2010 »
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: Shock's Half-Hour Price is Right: Episode 1: Modernized 1972 Price!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
Hey Shock! Glad to have you back. Allow me to be the first to sign up, please. I bet this will a great show.

As for the S48 premiere, the show opens and everyone is dressed in hockey gear. The pricing game Hole in One (or Two) will be played six times, albeit with a different obstacle to overcome, maybe a loop, or a ramp, or a rigged clown obstacle with its nose all smashed up. Each time Hole in One is won...well...the contestant gets beat up by Adam Sandler himself. Too bad.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 05:11:55 PM »
Kevin James hosts, and David Spade fills the role of announcer. The models are Chris Rock, Jackie Sandler, and Rob Schneider. Rob Schneider is in drag.

The lineup includes 3 Strikes (retitled The Benchwarmer), Lucky Seven (retitled Ridiculous Six), and a new game where the contestant has to reach into various buckets to find the correct price. The right buckets have the prizes the contestant is looking for. The wrong buckets have maggots, scorpions, manure, and other gross-out jokes.

Showcase 1 is themed around Operaman with a trip to the finest opera houses around the world, and Showcase 2 is based on a bunch of jokes about bodily functions.

The episode is released directly to Netflix as soon as it finishes airing on CBS. It inexplicably is the highest-rated Price is Right episode in fifteen years.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 02:47:37 AM »
In all reality, since Fremantle would make sure that Sandler doesn't go too overboard, the show would look something like:

One Wrong Price (The price is wrong, [expletive])
Vend-O-Price (Somehow get 50 individual dates on one level, Airheads on the next, and frozen peach cobbler, as a joke to 50 First Dates, Airheads, and The Cobbler)
That's Too Much (Going Overboard)
Make Your Move (Just rip off the Band-Aid and do the Jack and Jill stuff here, since there literally is a Price is Right scene in that movie. Prizes would be a set of Adam Sandler DVDs, a coffee machine (Dunkaccino), and a trip to New York (Hometown of Jack and Jill))
Bonkers (aka Mixed Nuts)
Rat Race (Zookeeper/The Animal/whatever joke)

...but since no one cares about the quality of the showcases anymore, both the showcases are just Adam Sandler failing miserably to be funny. One jokes solely on potty humor, while the other is supposed to be Hotel Transylvania themed, but just like the series, the execution just falls flat.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 12:05:35 PM »
I'm in!

In Adam Sandler's first show in control: -Adam offers Drew a cameo in the upcoming sequel of Happy Gilmore, and when Drew passes Adam does not take it well and punches him. Drew gets up and fights back quickly, and the two fight through the first segment of the show as gameplay is going on and Drew utters Bob's infamous line from the first movie as he throws to commercial.
-During Hole in One, Drew's inspiration putt spectacularly fails and he ends up taking out stage lights from the ceiling and monitors to prove he has no skill in golf. Adam comes out with the gold hockey stick putter from the movie and he hits the shot despite all the debris on the ground in his way.
-Drew decides to accept and the second Showcase includes filming his cameo, with the winner getting a trip to the premiere. Both contests overbid and Adam comes up and relentlessly mock them. He storms off at the end of the show and we see a pre-taped segment of Adam leaving the studio and going to Bob Barker's home and begging him to return.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
I still need two more participants. You can skip the question if you'd like, and as I said, I am willing to push the show back a bit if need be.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
Can I please give it a shot?

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:26:30 PM »
Can I please give it a shot?
Go for it.  :-) I need at least one more. I may just start this up on Monday evening to give everyone time to get ready for this show.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline geniusinmath

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
This will be my first try at it. Thank you.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 01:45:54 PM »
I can play double...just don't call both of me at once.  ;)
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 01:55:28 PM »
I'd like to play.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
This will be my first try at it. Thank you.
It is? That’s great! I’m truly honored to host the first HYO show you’re signing up for, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline geniusinmath

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 03:23:44 PM »
It is? That’s great! I’m truly honored to host the first HYO show you’re signing up for, and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!  :-)
I will indeed.

Offline Lumosityfan

• Outside in Line
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 10:26:24 PM »
I'd like to join if it's not too late. Excited to hopefully take part and see what this game is all about!

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 10:43:29 PM »
Count me in!
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!