Author Topic: Shock's Half-Hour Price is Right: Episode 1: Modernized 1972 Price! - Final  (Read 35601 times)

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
gamesurf wants that 1! Light it up!

CRUZE  2 2 _ 4 _

RANGE 3 _ _

P. BANK 1. _ 6

And it would be really mean to offer a $1.x6 piggy bank.

Oops.  :P

Even still, I'm sorry; you just guessed two consecutive digits in the piggy bank. You need to be careful and avoid that bank for the rest of the game, or else you aren't walking away with a lot of pocket change. Another digit, if you please.
Stop the madness.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Uh oh

Well, $1 in 1972 is like $5 in 2019 I guess

Audience, any help? That middle digit has got to be high, could it be an 8 or 9?
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
**yells 0 from back of crowd**

I'd avoid the 9 because I feel big appliances like that usually end in 9s, and it would be REALLY mean to put the 0 not at the end of a price and in the middle of the piggy bank

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Dang...at this point I'd leave it up to random.org but what help is that?

Hmm. I find it hard to believe that the last digit in the car is a 9. So try an 8 and hope for the best!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Come on, I hope there's not $1.86 in that bank

8!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Come on, let's have that 8 show up anywhere but the piggy bank!

What are you waiting for? Light it up!

CRUZE  2 2 _ 4 _

RANGE 3 8 _

P. BANK 1. _ 6

I breathe a sigh of relief.

OK, you're still in this game. It's not looking great, but you have a chance, and that's all you need. There are 4 digits left: 0, 5, 7, and 9. Two of them are in the car. Pick one of those two. You can do this.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
It's either a $380 range or a $389 range

I don't think it's a $385 range, that's a funny number

The 0 looks out of place in the middle of the car, and I don't think the car ends in 0 cause, well, “roadside reflective emergency triangle”. So 0 is right out.

Here goes nothing... let's go for both of them at a time.

Let's go 7 first.

If 7 is the last digit in the car, my next choice is a 5. I really hope the car is $22,547

If the 7 is the middle digit in the price of the car, then my next choice is 9. Cause $22,749 is more plausible to me than $22,745

If the 7 is not in the car, then game over and I'll enjoy my range or $1 and change

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
I take a deep breath.

OK, your first choice is a 7. I hope this is in the car.

CRUZE  2 2 7 4 _

RANGE 3 8 _

P. BANK 1. _ 6

It is! ...And since it's in the middle of the car, you want a 9. ...I really hope you win. You've been such a great contestant, and you made it all the way to the end.

Show me the 9!

Is it in the car?!

CRUZE  2 2 7 4 _

RANGE 3 8 9

P. BANK 1. _ 6

No! Oh man, I'm so sorry. You came so close... but at least you walk out with a nice range! Let's light up the 0 and the 5 to show you which one was in the car.

CRUZE  2 2 7 4 5

RANGE 3 8 9

P. BANK 1. 0 6

The audience groans.

It was the 5... I'm sorry. But you've been such a great contestant, and since this is a half-hour show, you won't need to spin the wheel to potentially end up in our showcase! Thank you for playing.  :-)

I shake gamesurf's hand, and he heads out.

We've just got started, everyone! There's more Price is Right to come... right after this!

The 'Head-On' commercial plays. Repeatedly.
Stop the madness.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Phooey.

Death by reflective roadside triangle

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Well...this went sideways quickly. Welp. At least you didn't get the piggy bank.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Well, that was a bit deflating. But I'm not giving up just yet! George, who's next up on Contestant's Row?

George: It's gonna be 123123123! Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Numbers! Good to see you again! Come right over here on the green podium, and look over there for the next item up for bids!

George: It's a sewing machine!

James sits down on a table and pretends to sew a piece of cloth.

From Janome, this Sewist 780DC Computerized Sewing Machine features an auto one step buttonhole with 3 styles, 80 built-in stitches, a horizontal full rotary hook, and an LCD display! It'll put you in stitches! ...OK, who wrote this?

I shrug and 'innocently' whistle.

While George tries to figure that out, that sewing machine will go to the one of you four who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over! Numbers: you're up first!  :-)

JayC      PayingTheRent      tpir04      123123123
Stop the madness.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Thanks for having me DarkShockBro. I'll finally be able to get into sewing with that gadget.

$555, please

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
I'll bid $720.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Coming in super late here, but son of a...

You literally offered my car in Any Number! :P

Well, sort of... Mine’s a 2017 and not a hatchback (they also made a slight alteration to the front end during the mid-2019 cycle).  But it’s red and mostly the same body style!

It’s funny you mentioned the lineage of the Vega-Manza-Cavalier-Cobalt-Cruze, Shock, as the latter has actually just been discontinued here in North America (a darn shame, too...it’s a great car!).  The last Cruze rolled off the assembly line back in March, I believe.  It seems crossovers and SUVs are taking over the market.

Also, random sidenote, but the Cavalier was actually reintroduced in China a few years back.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in.  Also, CU, yes.  Very much yes. :oldlol:

I’ll await my turn to bid now.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

I’m a dumb*ss.

It is my turn to bid!

Can we stop tape and reshoot that? No? D***it.

$850

:pint:
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker