Author Topic: Shock's Half-Hour Price is Right: Episode 1: Modernized 1972 Price! - Final  (Read 35639 times)

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
to tpir04 Pfffffft, PETA? What are they gonna do: make me play a marathon of their terrible parody flash games like Super Tofu Boy?  :P I mean, come on, they're basically an internet punchlin-

I suddenly hear a song come from around gamesurf, and my eyes widen. ...A second later, I start to grin widely.

On second thought, I feel a musical coming on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

I clear my throat as the lights dim. The only places where the spotlights aren't dimmed are under me, and the fur coat, which is now off of Rachel and on a stand. My expression becomes much more serious, as I start to sing, albeit an octave lower.

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance
For the break that will make it ok
There's always some reason to feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
They may be empty and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an Angel fly away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here...

For all of those in Contestant's Row, you may be able to win this coat so that you can use it in a much more humane way than a crazy cat lady in Beverley Hills. Call 1-800-FUR-COAT to learn how you can help, and remember, my fellow LFaTs... help control the pet population. Have your pets sprayed or neutered.

The lights finally go back to normal as the audience applauds and I start lightly chuckling.

Ah, man, that was great. Thanks for the inspiration, gamesurf.  :-D

Anyways, we do have a show to continue, so let's lock in all of your bids!

JayC      PayingTheRent      tpir04      gamesurf
$2,200         $1,400               $2,500      $1,401

With that said, the actual retail price of that luxurious coat is... $1,595! gamesurf, you've got it! Come on up here!  :-)

The bell dings repeatedly as gamesurf makes his way on stage excitedly!

(Continued in next post.  :-) )
Stop the madness.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Yay! I just won a socially unacceptable prize! I'm now public enemy #1 for Bob Barker and Betty White!

If this is a 1972 tribute, I think I know what pricing game is coming next, but let's see...
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
to tpir04 Pfffffft, PETA? What are they gonna do: make me play a marathon of their terrible parody flash games like Super Tofu Boy?  :P I mean, come on, they're basically an internet punchlin-

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
gamesurf makes his way down to me, and I extend my hand to him.

Welcome to the show! It's so great to see you!  :-)

gamesurf shakes my hand firmly, and then attempts to compose himself.

You made it up, man! Now, folks, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that gamesurf was the first one to make it up. After all, he played a huge part in allowing this show to be renewed in the first place! Give it up for him!

The audience applauds and cheers.

And I bet you didn't notice, but I got called down to his first show as well!  :-)

overdramatically ...But, alas, I got called down last. So I was all but forced to take the consolation prize... of some denture adhesive. Which I'm not going to be able to use for half a century! Oh, woe is me!   :P

But, don't worry, everyone. Because I finally got my revenge! Now gamesurf is the not so proud owner of a fur coat; an item that all LFaTs will judge him for if he actually wears it! Now he has a morally questionable prize, and... has the chance to win even more prizes.

An awkward silence lingers for a few seconds.

...I didn't think this through at all.  :-D

The audience laughs for a few seconds before I turn back to gamesurf.

But, in all seriousness, that coat is yours, and you can do whatever you want with it. You can give it to charity, an animal rights organization, or even burn it like Drew Carey's former LeBron James jersey when he took his talents to South Beach!  :-D

And I know the perfect prize that you can do that with! George, tell him about it!

Devin Goda proceeds to push out...

George: It's an electric range!

From Premier, this 30" Freestanding Electric Range comes with a 3.91 Cubic Foot Oven, Coil Burners, Full Width Storage Drawer and Exclusive Lifetime Warranty to make sure anything from food to fur is heated up easily!

The audience applauds.

That's a nice range, isn't it, gamesurf? He nods. But, that's not all we have to offer you; no, not in the slightest! You see, this is a throwback to 1972. And as you said, the first game ever played was Any Number. And the very first playing of that pricing game was for a Chevrolet Vega; in other words, a car!

The audience applauds louder!

But... I'm sorry to say...

Chevy doesn't make the Vega any more. But that's OK! It wasn't a very good car anyways. Can you believe this amazing game show started off with a fur coat and a car like that? It may as well be a miracle it got off the ground, y'know?  :-D

However, I digress. Chevy doesn't make the Vega any more. And the Vega's successor: the Monza, is also defunct. Same with the Cavalier. And even the Cobalt!

...But guess what? I'm going to give you the chance to play the role of a crazy cat lady in Beverley Hills as you ride off from the show with this!

The big doors open to reveal Amber in...

George: It's a new car!

It's the 2019 Red Hot Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback! This compact beauty comes complete with a 1.4 liter Turbo ECOTEC 4-cylinder engine that creates 153 horsepower, 6-speed automatic transmission, 17" 5-split spoke, Ultra Bright, machined face, Midnight Silver aluminum wheels, engine block heater, front license plate bracket, and a roadside emergency reflective triangle! Enjoy how far we've come with car designs with the Chevrolet... Cruze!

The audience applauds wildly as the turntable moves around to show the set. But not just the regular one... it's the old set, straight from 1972!

Man, oh, man, look at this beauty! Just seeing it makes me feel all tingly and nostalgic inside! Now, gamesurf, as you guessed; and correctly, might I add, you're going to be playing the first ever pricing game on the Price is Right: Anyyyyyy Number!

This is tied for my favorite pricing game ever, so I truly hope you win that car! Anyway, let's light up the first digit in that car!

CRUZE  2 _ _ _ _

RANGE _ _ _

P. BANK _. _ _

It's a 2! So you're playing for at least a $20,000 car, my friend!

Now, as you can see, there are ten spaces yet to be occupied, and there are ten digits in the typical numerical system. As such, each digit corresponds to an empty space on this board. So, I'd like for you to give me a digit from 0-9, and when you do, that digit will be lit up on the board. Whichever prize you fill out first will be the prize that you win.

So, with that said, give me any number you'd like, and let's start the game! Best of luck!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Let’s start off with a 4!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
He says a 4. Light it up!

CRUZE  2 _ _ 4 _

RANGE _ _ _

P. BANK _. _ _

There we go! Great start, gamesurf! Give me another digit in that car!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
The way this HYO is going, I better not get stuck with Double Prices. :P

Huh...well, I thought a 4 also. There are a lot of accessories on that car, and since "Red Hot" was specifically mentioned, that probably cost extra. Try for a 3. I don't think it's $25K.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Audience says a 3. Let’s go 3!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
OK, gamesurf wants a 3! Let's see where it is!

CRUZE  2 _ _ 4 _

RANGE 3 _ _

P. BANK _. _ _

Not in the car; unfortunately, but that's no big deal. Another digit, if you please.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
The audience of one recommends a 1.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
I don’t think the Cruze is that low... but with a “roadside reflective emergency triangle” I’m betting it doesn’t end in 5, and I don’t think the range ends with 2...

So 2 seems like the safest choice since I’m unsure.

What the heck, 2.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:34:25 PM by gamesurf »

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
gamesurf wants the other 2; ignoring the audience to do so! A bold move, to be sure. Let's see if it pays off!

CRUZE  2 2 _ 4 _

RANGE 3 _ _

P. BANK _. _ _

It does! gamesurf, you're doing great! Only two more digits in that car to go, and it'll be yours! Give me one of those two and you'll be going out of here in style!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
I’m gonna hold off on 5, 9, and 0 for now—they all look like prime candidates for the last digit in the oven.

Hey, 6 isn’t any of those numbers. Let’s do 6!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
gamesurf wants a 6. Let's give him a 6!

CRUZE  2 2 _ 4 _

RANGE 3 _ _

P. BANK _. _ 6

Piggy bank. That's OK, that's OK; plenty of game left to be played. You're still safe from the range and piggy bank, so I hope you'll stay safe with another digit!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
I don’t think it’s a $31x or a $3x1 range

And it would be really mean to offer a $1.x6 piggy bank

So if that’s true, the only think that could hurt is a $x.16 piggy bank

Let’s go 1!