Author Topic: Shock's Half-Hour Price is Right: Episode 1: Modernized 1972 Price! - Final  (Read 35334 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Well... I said I was going to one-up, but I’m not always mean.

$1, Bob!

Shock!

Whoops :P
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
$1, Bob!

Shock!
Shhhhh! Are you trying to get me in trouble for that first item for bids?!  :evil:

I sigh, shake my head, and do the 'crossing my heart' gesture as I seem to say a silent prayer. Afterwards, I exhale sharply.

OK... OK. Let's lock in all the bids and pretend that didn't happen.

JayC        PayingTheRent      Hag      123123123
$1,000               $1                     $900         $1,123

andtheactualretailpriceis...

I cough awkwardly and take another deep breath.

Anyway, it's $1,253! Numbers, come on up! You win!  :-)

The bell dings repeatedly as Numbers runs across the stage and gives me a big, excited handshake!

Good to see you! Man... this is like old times. All of this nostalgia's running through my veins! I hope I can give you something great like I did back all those years ago! George, show us what that 'something great' is!  :-)

George: It's a new freezer and ice maker!

Rachel models both prizes in a luxurious looking coat.

First, from Whirlpool, this Monochromatic Stainless Steel 18 cubic foot Sidekicks All-Freezer comes with a fast freeze option, electronic temperature controls, frost-free defrosting, and LED interior lighting! And, to keep your freezer properly stored with ice, we have this chilly ice maker!

This Whirlpool 29 pound Reversible Door Ice Maker can be stored freestanding or built-in, stores up to 25 pounds of ice, and comes with a Fast Ice option, a self-cleaning cycle, an ice scoop, clear ice technology, electronic touch controls, and LED lighting!

Oooooh, I'm getting the chills just looking at those prizes!  :-D Huh? Huh? That was great.  :P

In any case, this'll be nice and fast, because you're going to play the original quickie: Double Prices!

We walk up to Amber in front of the old Double Prices set, which has two prices on it.

OK, do I have to explain this? Two prices. One's right. One's wrong. Pick one.  :P And good luck!  :-)

WHIRLPOOL
   $4,848
   $3,193
Stop the madness.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
I'm guess I'm gonna have to be a *cool* customer to win.  ;)

Before anymore attempts at humor, let's go with $3,193

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Going with the lower price, are we? Fine by me. Lemme just get get that $4,848 price tag out of the way...

I take that price tag and fling it across the set like a frisbee.

...Eh, they'll deal with it.  :P

WHIRLPOOL
   $3,193

OK, here we go. This is to prevent a skunking, so I want you to hold my hand.

Numbers does so... and I take a deep breath.

Get ready... I'll hit the button on the count of three, so I want you to say 'Alakazam' when we get to 3, OK?  :-)

3! Alakazam!

$3,193
$3,193

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLT2erau3zo

Yes! You win! Enjoy that freezing package and dishwasher, my friend! Congratulations!  :-)

Numbers excitedly runs to Rachel and his freezer and ice maker!

That's how we end the main Price is Right show, everyone! Stay tuned, because the Showcases will come just after this, and you'll see who made it! Spoilers: it's the top two.  :P

I smile and fistpump as the Price is Right cuts t-apply directly to the forehead. Apply directly to the forehead. APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD.

Stop the madness.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
(Still at work. I’ll at least try to reveal the lead-up to the showcases tonight. I appreciate your patience.  :-) )
Stop the madness.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Did anyone ever figure out just where the Activ is, to apply their Activ-On directly to? ;)

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
(I apologize about the delay. I've been working a lot, but I'm off tomorrow, so the showcases will be presented ASAP, rest assured.  :-) I'm going to post the lead-up to the showcases tonight, I promise, and try to get the first one uploaded as well.  :-) )
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
It's about time! We've all turned into a bunch of skeletons by now. *insert bad joke here*  :P
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
The Head-On commercial finally ends, causing the camera to zoom in on Hag, PayingTheRent, and JayC respectively.

George: Contestants not appearing on stage will receive...

A container of Aquarius Perfume! From Max Factor, this perfume will help any woman or even man smell her or his best for any occasion! And now, back to DarkShockBro!

The camera then cuts to gamesurf behind the first, leftmost classic showcase podium, and Numbers behind the other one. Both look excited, and I look at the camera with a big, excited grin.

We're finally back with the illustrious, beautiful, most epic part of this amazing game show: the Showcases!

The audience applauds wildly.

That's what I'm talking about! But... before we get to the showcases, I have a special announcement to make!

I turn to Hag, PayingTheRent, and JayC in Contestants' Row.

While you three unfortunately couldn't make it on stage to play a pricing game, that doesn't mean you'll be walking away with just the perfume! Because after the Showcases, you three will be able to participate in an Audience Participation Game for a chance to win a few more small prizes!

Hag, PayingTheRent, and JayC start applauding!

There we go! I'll explain more after the Showcases are over, but I will say this: I hope you've been paying attention to what's been going on in the show, because your knowledge could net you a few extra prizes! Think of this as an alternate version of a Quickie Deal from CBS' other hit game show.  ;-)

I turn back to gamesurf and Numbers.

But for now, we've gotta get to the Showcases! And I couldn't be more excited for this matchup! It's a grizzled numerical veteran of HYO going up against a up and coming rookie who helped get our shows back on the air, and only one can walk out of here with a showcase full of incredible prizes!  :-D

The bell dings, as if a wrestling match was about to begin, and I start to laugh.

...Oh man, this show is the best.  :-D

After calming down, I clear my throat.

In any case... Numbers, since you have seniority and also won the most between the two of you, you get to pick whether or not you want to keep this first showcase or pass it to gamesurf. If you pass, you get the second showcase. With all of that said; George, it's time for the first showcase to begin!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
George: This showcase starts by following the day of a regular American worker!

...Oh. That's not good. So, uh, anyway, this worker goes to his or her job, works long hours for a meager wage, and tries to save up whatever money they get from working. Because after such a long period of grueling labor, this worker will be able to have the funds to take a relieving vacation... to beautiful Acapulco!

Manuela models that Acapulco sign with sunglasses and a tropical outfit on.

You and a guest will fly round-trip premium economy from Los Angeles to Acapulco on Aeromexico Airlines! On-board food and drinks are always free on Mexico's global airline!

And once there, you'll spend a full week at the beautiful Hotel El Presidente! You'll stay in a Bay View Suite with one king bed, a minibar, and a balcony with two chairs and a view of Mexico's gorgeous sea that will inspire even the most exhausted person to get out of bed and take a long walk on the beach!

But as we follow this particular worker, we notice that they don't just want to spend all of that week on the beach. After all, some of Mexico's churches are awe-inspiring!

And while this worker spends some vacation time checking out the gorgeous architecture, they also notice some powerful music being played... on this new electronic organ!

This Limited Edition Hammond Porta-B Organ features two dual manual sets of 61 keys, three 50-watt RMS speakers, 12 bank programs and 9 presets for both keyboards, 7 effects, 3 sets of drawbars, and touch-response percussion! It's powerful, just like a Hammond should be!

And, of course, who could travel Mexico without enjoying all of its delicious Mexican food? And this worker will be able to enjoy all of Mexico's scrumptious cuisine at home with this spectacular overhead range!

From the Heartland Classic Collection, this romantic and powerful Black 48" Dual Fuel Range features 6 sealed gas burners, a 4 cubic foot self-cleaning electric convection oven with 4 levels and 3 oven racks, a 3,000 watt broiler, temperature and humidity controlled warming drawer, concealed electric controls, and a 350 CFM exhaust system in the overhead storage cabinet!

And finally, before the worker makes their way to the plane back to America, they can't help but notice how shiny and visually attractive the floors in Mexican buildings are. So they plan to replicate those floors with a set of Mexican-inspired floor tiles!

From Houzz, this set of 210 Verde Maritaka Granite Floor Tiles are 12" by 12" and come with a polished finish to replicate the feeling of being in a fine Mexican building!

And this showcase, where we remind everyone to take a break and destress once in a while, and where we hope you'll be just as inspired as this worker as a result of it, can be yours... if The Price is Right!

The audience applauds, and I smile.

That's a good message, George. A very good message.  :-) And a great showcase, to boot! So, Numbers, my old friend... do you want to bid on this showcase? Or do you want to pass it to gamesurf and wait for the next one?  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Shocky, as a proud average American worker, I feel it is not only a privilege, but my civic duty to take this showcase.

So I will bid $21,231 please

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
And this showcase, where we remind everyone to take a break and destress once in a while,

Don't you mean "distress"?  ;)
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
Shocky, as a proud average American worker, I feel it is not only a privilege, but my civic duty to take this showcase.
The audience roars with applause, and I give Numbers a high-five!

That's what I'm talking about! Y'know, it's statements like this and shows like this that renew my patriotism a little bit more.  :-) God bless America!  :-D

Anyway, you heard my fellow American! Lock it in!

TRIP

Best of luck. :-) So, gamesurf, since Numbers took the first showcase, the second one is yours. Here it is. Take it away, George!  :-)

George: This showcase is all about the wheel!

Back in the dawn of humanity, the stone wheel is commonly regarded as one of if not the most influential and ingenious accomplishments of the caveman. And the wheel certainly has evolved a lot from a stone doughnut-shaped disk!

For example, nowadays, some wheels are a lot smaller than the ones invented centuries ago. And those particular wheels can be found in your new roller skates!

Devin models a pair of roller skates on a podium.

From Riedell, this pair of black men's 297 Advance Elite roller skates are made of full grain leather and come with Snyder Advantage aluminum skate plates set at a 15 degree angle, Bones Elite Wheels, Bones Swiss Bearings, and Snyder toe stops! Riedell: proudly made in the USA!

However, wheels aren't always meant to cover ground. Much like running in place on a treadmill, they can be used for a great workout. And you can get that workout with a stationary wheel on your new exercise cycle!

A shirtless James uses the exercise cycle with ease!

From Schwinn, the originators of the indoor exercise bicycle comes their newest creation: the A.C Performance Plus Indoor Cycle! It comes with adjustable, high performance handlebars, an adjustable seat, covered stretch pads, an aluminum frame, Virtual Contact Magnetic brake system, and the Schwinn Fit System!

And finally, we all know what the most common and most exciting use for wheels are in modern times: tires! Tires that come in quartets that can be found... on your newwwww car!

This Deep Crystal Blue Mica colored Mazda 3 Sedan comes with a 2.5 liter, 186 horsepower SkyActiv engine and 6-speed SkyActiv automatic transmission with sport mode!

And this showcase, where we celebrate the inventive nature of humanity via the evolution of the wheel, can be yours... if The Price isssss Right!

The audience applauds!

How about that, gamesurf? You have another chance to win a car! Give me your bid, and I hope you'll make it count!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
I come running back in with security chasing me to deliver an all-important message...

I *wheely* hope you win this, gamesurf!

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
I come running back in with security chasing me to deliver an all-important message...

I *wheely* hope you win this, gamesurf!
Really? After 21 nickels from that piggy bank shot out of that coin slot, you come back just for a bad pun? Goodness gracious, my security sucks. :P
Stop the madness.