Author Topic: Shock's Half-Hour Price is Right: Episode 1: Modernized 1972 Price! - Final  (Read 35321 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Let’s reverse-engineer the theme and go $22,791.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
You've got it. Light it up.  :-)

CAR         TRIP
22791     21231

Alright, both bids are in. We'll find out who wins... and more details on this Audience Participation Game... right after this!  :-)

ON-HEAD HEADFORE LYPPA OT LYTCERID...
Stop the madness.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
The camera zooms back to me, with Numbers and gamesurf applauding behind the podiums!

We're back! Now it's finally time to reveal the prices of these two fantastic showcases! Let's see...

I pace back and forth a bit before I stop in front of...

Numbers, I'm going to start with you. Your showcase had a trip to Acapulco, an organ, a huge range, and a bunch of granite floor tiles. You bid $21,231. And the actual retail price of this showcase is...

I pull out the TRIP card to reveal...

CAR         TRIP
22791      21231

$23,071! That's a good bid, and it's only a difference of...

CAR         TRIP
22791      1840

$1,840! Looking pretty good, I'd say. But, we haven't revealed game surf's bid yet! So, gamesurf... you had the roller skates, the exercise bicycle, and a Mazda 3 sedan. You bid $22,791. And the actual retail price is...

CAR         TRIP
25044     23071
22791      1840

$25,044... I don't think this is gonna do it, I'm afraid.

CAR      TRIP
25044   23071
2253      1840

Aww man, $2,253... you were so close to a car yet again! Only about $400 off... I'm sorry.

...But that means that Numbers wins again! Great job, my man! Go see your prizes!

Numbers jumps up and down and excitedly runs over to his prizes!

What a day for Numbers! He cleaned up and won $27,517 over the day! Not a bad haul at all!

I then turn to Hag, PayingTheRent, and JayC.

...But we aren't done just yet! It's time for the Audience Participation Game!

Rachel, come on out!

Rachel walks up with a podium... containing the typewriter and hot air brush not won in Bonus Game!

That's right! One of you three will win this typewriter and hot air brush; prizes with a total of $178... if you are the first one answer this question about the show correctly!

And here it is: I told you that this is a modernized version of a 1972 Price is Right show. However, what I didn't tell you is that it's a remake of one particular show in 1972.

So, for the chance to win the typewriter and hot air brush, I ask you this: which 1972 show did I just give a modernized remake to?  :-)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:55:30 PM by DarkShockBro »
Stop the madness.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
The very first, September 4, 1972

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
I recognize Booboo Cooper in the photo, but I don't think she appeared in the premiere episode.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
The very first, September 4, 1972
JayC...

you are correct!

The audience applauds in response, and JayC fist pumps!

Congratulations! You're taking home a nice typewriter and hot air brush in addition to the consolation perfume you already got!  :-)

And now, I'll end this episode saying that this has been DarkShockBro, reminding you to help control the pet population; have your pets sprayed or neutered! See you next time, everyone!  :-D

I fondly wave goodbye to the camera while the audience applauds, and then the camera cuts to Numbers, still celebrating with his prizes!

(That's that, everyone! My notes on this episode will be up shortly! :-) )
Stop the madness.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
It's done! My goodness, it was so exciting to be back! I'll do the notes as I did beforehand: starting with the showcase breakdowns, and then revealing my winnings chart before recording some of my own personal observations about this show.  :-)

Showcase 1 ("Inspiring a Regular American Worker")

Acapulco, 7 days, for 2, LAX to Acapulco (ACA) via Premium Economy on Aeromexico, El Presidente Acapulco, Bay View Suite ($4,562)

Hammond Limited Edition Porta-B Dual Manual Organ ($5,995)

Heartland Classic Collection 48” Natural Gas Range ($8,604)

210 Verde Maritaka 12 X 12” Granite Floor Tiles ($3,910)

Total: $23,071

Showcase 2 ("Evolution of the Wheel")

Ridell 297 Advantage Elite Roller Skates ($1,099)

Schwinn A.C Performance Plus Indoor Cycle ($2,025)

2019 Deep Crystal Blue Mazda 3 FWD, std ($21,920)

Total: $25,044

Winnings Chart:

123123123: $27,517
gamesurf: $1,984
tpir04: $1,541
JayC: $178 + perfume
LiteBulb88: 21 nickels ($1.05)
PayingTheRent: perfume + opportunity to negotiate over the may-or-may-not-be-stolen Chevy Cruze.
Hag: perfume
Everyone else: an opportunity to be a part of an amazing experience!

Total Winnings: $31,221.05

34.7% of $90,001.06

Average Winnings: $10,407.02

Notes:

-This playing perfectly encapsulates why I love Any Number so much. It went right down to the wire, and was, in my mind, the perfect difficulty for this game. I completely screwed up how I set up this pricing game the first time, so I'm glad that, at least in my mind, I made amends for that.

-That roadside triangle gamesurf was so concerned about. It was $15. It wasn't meant to trip anyone up; it was just the only way I could get the Cruze to be the price I wanted it to be.

-I wanted Bonus Game to be tough, but not impossible. It seems I succeeded based on how tpir04 played. I tried to imply the typewriter was somewhat expensive based on the pricing description, but I can't just give the prizes away.  :P

-Double Prices' fake price intentionally ended with '8' to potentially trip up whoever played it. Thankfully, Numbers wasn't fooled.

-One more thing: there was some rust on my hosting abilities, because I made a few mistakes. However, none of them were bad enough to warrant a technical win. For instance, I accidentally posted a picture of the SideKicks refrigerator instead of the freezer (you can tell by the door handle), and forgot to include that it was an LS Chevy Cruze.

-However, I don't believe this warrants a technical win, because that clearly wasn't what gamesurf got tripped up over. Even still, I acknowledge that I forgot to include the trim, and I will make sure to include said trims to cars that have them in the future.  :-)

And that's that! Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and give any feedback you'd like. I'm proud of the show I produced, and I hope to produce more in the near future!  :-)
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
*ahem* That's my hairbrush.  :P

*ahem* That's my typewriter.  :oldlol:

Fantastic show, Shock! Your hosting style is superb, and the back-and-forth with the washer/dryer was hilarious. Well done! *applause*
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!