Author Topic: YouTube links not embedding properly  (Read 12779 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
YouTube links not embedding properly
« on: July 05, 2019, 09:17:21 PM »
I have tried to embed YouTube videos using the [youtube] feature (the one in the message box, below the "Bold font" button, and I get this: #invalid YouTube link#. Does anyone know why? Appreciate your help on this. Thanks!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: YouTube links not embedding properly
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
What are you putting between the tags? Between the opening youtube tag and the closing (/youtube), the only thing that should be there is the video ID, the "v=" part of the URL. So for example, if I want to embed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXtsIi8_yc&list=PL1dmMR3keU2CIPfkfzVCcfA9cAqiKblpw&index=2&t=2s, the post would look like:

[youtube-open-bracket]6AXtsIi8_yc[/youtube-close-bracket]

Using the YouTube button below the bold font button.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:46:41 PM »
I tried it, and it works. Thank you, htmlcc92!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 09:48:04 PM »
You're welcome! I know I've always had issues trying to remember what to put in the brackets, I forget quite often!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:18:16 AM »
The other thing that works is changing the https to just http. So in htmlcc92's example, this would also work:

(Except of course replace yt with youtube.)

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 12:21:03 AM »
That’s good to know! Easier than just getting the ID out of it - I sometimes end up accidentally taking a character off the front or back or the ID when I delete.