Author Topic: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - Final  (Read 34710 times)

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - IUFB2
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 04:05:45 AM »
Um... I don't think the thing is plugged in? Shouldn't I be seeing a 0, not a blank screen?

*peeks behind board*

Nope, I guess it is plugged in. Maybe it's like Wheel of Fortune, where the number doesn't show until an input is put onto the screen?

*nudges device down*

...This thing goes into the negatives? :twisted:

*forces the lever down*

Let's see how long I can keep this bad boy going!

(like 5 minutes later)

Aw, it's only a 16-bit integer? I was hoping I could go on for much longer without overflow. Anyways, my hand is getting a little tired. Maybe I can tape something down to the lever?

*takes boxing gloves, and with a menacing look at tpir04, takes the duct tape*

Now, I just need to do this just right... hold on...

There. Now I can fix this game. All I need is a Sharpie and some cardboard. Be right back!

*wanders backstage for another four minutes or so*

...um, that's not good at all. Let me just add more duct tape to the lever and give my fix to the game...

...and it's perfect! I'll just lock that in, and pray that the duct tape holds.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - PG2
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, by the actions of #9821, the Magic # board has malfunctioned.

TECHNICAL WIN
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 05:35:34 PM »
{after a 20 minute meeting backstage with my announcer, we both return back on stage}

1233: OK, everyone. Mr. Announcer and I got it all figured out. He has graciously decided to donate his pay from today's show to fix th...

{looks over at door 2}

{looks to the crowd}

{looks back to door 2}

...WHAT ON EARTH!?!?!

{Mr. Announcer scrambles back to his podium}

I left this stage with one problem, and I come back with TWO NEW ONES!!!

First, I have you {points to TPIRfan#9821} over here. I told you to pull the lever and not make me regret anything. I come back and see you pulling your best Bob the Builder impression on my props  :-)

{looks at renovations}

Admittedly, except for the godawful cardboard, it doesn't look half bad.  ;-)

{TPIRfan#9821 with a toothy grin, duct tape in hand}

Wipe that smirk off your face, doesn't mean I've forgotten what happened here. And what I say earlier about the duct tape!?! Hand it over.

{crowd laughs}

Oh yeah, and as for you...

{pointing directly to tpir04 in the crowd}

...if you don't stop trying to entice a riot to give this hooligan a technical win, I'll show you what REALLY happens to contestants not appearing on stage.  :-x

Ok, now that my blood pressure is back under 200, let's try to see if you've won. You've set the gizmo to a nice round $4,974.

Manuela, can you please show us the price of the snowmobile.

{Manuela flips the tag}

{ding}
{cheers from the audience}

$5,709. This actually looks pretty good. If that cataraft is less than $4,974, I'll have no choice be to reward you for what you done here.

Amber, flip it!!!

{flips tag}

{ding, ding ,ding, ding, ding, ding, ding}
{loud roars from crowd}

And I'm shaking the hand of a winner. You can head over there to your prizes, but please don't touch anything on the way  :lol:

Announcer: I think we all need a break, and here comes one now. More great pricing games on the second half of 123123123's TPiR

{commercial lead-in theme}

****************************************************************************************

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - IUFB2
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »
I'm now leaving the lever in your capable hands, while I go have a quick talk with my announcer. I'll be back in 2 minutes top.

{after a 20 minute meeting backstage with my announcer, we both return back on stage}

And you wonder why we got into mischief. YOUR MEETING LASTED 17 EFFING HOURS! Really, Numbers. Really.  :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:08:01 PM by tpir04 »

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 06:44:58 PM »
And you wonder why we got into mischief. YOUR MEETING LASTED 17 EFFING HOURS! Really, Numbers. Really.  :P

Time is but a construct, young grasshopper. It's simply measured by how quickly events occur relative to each other.

You see 17 hours, I see 17 minutes.

{snaps out of philosophical daze}

I should really stop taking all the medicine I see in these commercials at the same time  :-o

{after multiple medication commercials, we are back to the stage}

1233: I'm still reeling after that whole debacle from earlier. Sadly, we have time for only one more contestant. Who is it going to be?

Announcer: It's going to be JayC, come on down. You are the next contestant on the Price is Right!!!

{applause}

1233: Now first for you consideration are these 3 envelopes.

And their clues are as follows.

Envelope #1: A Flair for the Dramatic
Envelope #2: Paper over Plastic
Envelope #3: Plant Based

Now the final item up for you to bid on is coming from rafters. Take a look.

{wall descends}

Announcer: It's a lovely area rug!! {modeled by Amber}

This 6' by 9' mariposa area rug is hand woven and perfect for covering up all your areas!

{applause}

1233: Now JayC, this is your one bid and only envelope choice, try not to waste them. No pressure  ;-)

Bidding Order:
JayC ------------------------->
GameShowFan9001 ---------->
DarkShockBro -------------->
tpir04 ----------------------->

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - IUFB3
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »
I'll take envelope #2 please.

As for the bid, $755.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 11:11:36 PM »
Envelope 1 and $777 please.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 11:28:32 PM »
$888, and envelope 1.
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 07:52:39 AM »
Hmm...a prime position. Wanna bet that I'll screw it up?

I'm nice...$891. Envelope 2, please.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
I'm nice...$891.
Riiiiiiiiight.  :P

This is why JayC has my typewriter and hot air brush instead of you.  ;-)
Stop the madness.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 09:20:01 AM »
Bidding Order:
JayC ------------------------->$755
GameShowFan9001 ----------> $777
DarkShockBro --------------> $888
tpir04 -----------------------> $891

1233: The bids are in and the actual retail price of the rug is...

...so tpir04, come on up!!

{applause}

Now, for your envelope choice?

{picks #2}

Seems as good a choice as any. Let's see.

{opens envelope, revealing a $100 gift card}

Wow, this is surprisingly a nice gift as well as a clue.

{hands over to tpir04}

There aren't too many things nicer than having the ability to spend mone on whatever you like. That's why I was so disappointed that SuperSweeper didn't do better on Grand Game earlier. I know if I ever made it on stage, I'd want to play for some cash, preferably $100,000 playing Pay the Rent. But, even with all my pricing knowledge, that would still be a tough task. Maybe, I would fair better in Time is Money. It's still a pretty big cash prize, and I think I'm decently fast. I used to run track back in high school, so I could definitely handle it. But the time pressure could get to me. Man, how I crumble under pressure.  I guess I never really thought about how...

{tpir04 interrupts my monologing, motioning to back of card}

Huh, what?

{looks at back}

Oh, well I guess it expired in 2017. To be fair, it was a left over from one of our old shows from a while back.  :lol:

But, no problem. You can earn some of your own cash, as well as this!!!

{Race Game curtain rises}

Announcer: It's a brand new car!!! {modeled by Rachel}

This 2019 Nissan Rogue SV 4WD has 4 cylinders, has all the standard equipment, and includes auto dimming rearview mirrors. It's the Nissan Rogue!!!

{loud cheers and applause}

1233: Who needs weird plastic money that inexplicably expires, when you can get some good, old fashioned, no expiration dated paper money?

And you can do that playing Gas Money. Of course, when you win it, you don't necessarily have to use it for gas. That's up to you.  :-D

Now, one of these is the price of the Rogue and has the pink slip attached. The others have varying amounts of money on the back. If you pick all the money totaling $10,000 first, you get both the car and the money.

{cheers}

OK, so where would you like to start, tpir04? Remember, not the right price.

{crowd starts screaming out prices}

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 09:25:19 AM »
I sincerely hope that we'll find out the contents of the non-picked envelopes after the show. I'm too curious.  :-D

Oh, and I'd say the price is audience blocks out my suggestions with noise
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:27:53 AM by DarkShockBro »
Stop the madness.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - PG3
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 12:58:44 PM »
Riiiiiiiiight.  :P

This is why JayC has my typewriter and hot air brush instead of you.  ;-)

Well, Shock, you asked for it. I hate to see what Numbers is gonna do to you, now that you brought it up:

This hits WAY too close to home for me.  :-)

Anyways, while I'm already here...

**yells lower from crowd**

If you recall, Numbers suggested lower from the audience, it was wrong, and it cost me your bonus!  ;)

*shouts out $31,225 and runs behind turntable while chaos between Shock and Numbers ensues*

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »
Ouch.

Also, I'd avoid $28,685 and $29,465 until the very end. If I had to pick one, I would probably lean toward $29,465, but I'm not too sure.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 01:05:35 PM »
Well, Shock, you asked for it. I hate to see what Numbers is gonna do to you, now that you brought it up:

If you recall, Numbers suggested lower from the audience, it was wrong, and it cost me your bonus!  ;)
Uhh... I don't know if you remember this, but... Numbers won everything I set up when he got on my stage.  :-D

And you didn't have to listen to his benign advice. If anything, Numbers should get mad at you for blaming your loss on him. :P
Stop the madness.