Author Topic: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - Final  (Read 34700 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - PG3
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2019, 01:30:18 PM »
And you didn't have to listen to his benign advice. If anything, Numbers should get mad at you for blaming your loss on him. :P

Oh, and by the way, that advice cost me a spot in the showcase!

*has an aha moment*

Oh, and the showcase would've pitted me against Numbers anyway! So he goes and misleads me just to make me lose, so I didn't have to face him in the showcase! What a rotten trick. Nobody knew it would happen in that way, but still, what a dirty trick.

*incessant ranting over*

Just kidding. Y'all know that, right?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
And you didn't have to listen to his benign advice. If anything, Numbers should get mad at you for blaming your loss on him. :P

Yeah, I don't think I've ever given good advice as an  audience member in an HYO, even earlier that same show with gamesurf playing Any Number.

{calls tpir04 back from the turntable}

I'm not mad, it's all good.  :-D

Now you've chosen $31,225, let's see what we find

{Rachel starts the world's slowest card flip}

*I'm not home at the moment, so Rachel will finish her reveal later today 8-)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
AW COME ON!

Leaving us in sudpense for hours on end, how dare you!

Everyone in the audience marvels at how Rachel could hold her arm, with the card, for so long.

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Leaving us in sudpense for hours on end,

Suspense. Sorry for all my typos recently, as it's terribly hard typing this on a phone.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2019, 06:10:40 PM »
{cutback to Rachel, now with a stool and Amber holding her arm up}

1233: Seeing the models get along so well brings a tear to my eye. Rachel, please finish the reveal, the suspense is killing our player.

{flips card}

{ding, ding, ding, ding}
{applause}

Good, I'm glad that long flip wasn't wasted on a wipeout.  :-)

Now you can keep your $4,000, or pick another price. What'll it be?

{more crowd suggestions}

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2019, 06:33:11 PM »
You know what? I'm gonna quit. I'm not entirely sure that $33K isn't a fake, and the others are too close together. If you'd like to show us "what would've happened", I would've went $27K, $33K and $29K, in that order.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
1233: Wow, a bailout after one pick, don't see that every day. But hey, 4 grand is 4 grand. Congratulations.

{applause}

However, my curiosity is killing me. What would you have went with next?

{picks $27,885}

{Rachel flips card}

Not only an early bailout, but the perfect early bailout.  :lol:

{flips rest of tags}

All the pricing games are done for the day, so we will have the fabulous showcases after this break!!!

{camera shows Rachel being fitted for an arm brace backstage}
{commercial lead-in theme}

*******************************************************************************************************

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2019, 08:24:43 PM »

{commercial lead-in music}
{camera cuts to TPIRfan#9821 and tpir04 at the showcase podia}

1233: Our runner up today is tpir04, and our big winner is TPIRfan#9821. so let's give 'em a big round of applause for getting here!!!

{applause from crowd}

The resident carpenter and resident rioter, both in one showcase round. This should be fun.  :-D

Now this Pick Your Adventure show has been great so far, so we're gonna keep it going for as long as we can.  So we are bringing back the famous (or infamous) Build Your Own showcase!!!

{applause as turntable turns revealing more envelopes}

Now TPIRfan#9821, as the big winner, you get to build your own showcase. How you do that, you ask? It's very similar to the previous picks you've made.

I would like you to pick 2 envelopes from the left side of this board (A, B, C and D), and 1 envelope from the right side of the board (X, Y and Z).

The clues are below and we can all see what has become of your choices together. But remember, the clues aren't always as straightforward as they seem:-x

Best of luck!

Envelope A: For the Free Spirited
Envelope B: For the Fancy
Envelope C: For the Talented
Envelope D: For the Lazy

Envelope X: For the Quick
Envelope Y: For the Contemporary
Envelope Z: For the Popular

{audience makes suggestions}

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - Showcases
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »
I'll take B, D, and X please.

Also, since those are the descriptions my gut says would be cool prizes, tpir04, get ready for this to be passed to you.  :-P
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2019, 11:36:46 PM »
1233: Ok, let's see the first showcase. Pay close attention because this could to either one of you.

*******************************************************************************************************

Announcer: Now, coming this fall to CBS is a new soap opera, The Fancy and the Lazy. It follows the lives of two feuding royal families from neighboring countries, and how their schemes to stop each other are foiled by their own sluggish personalities.  :-)

To talk more about it is one of The Fancy and the Lazy's biggest stars, Lisa Unreale!!

{some scattered applause}

Unreale: Thank you for the warm welcome! Now my character on the show, Misty Maverick, is all about being in the know-how about all things fashion. So she wouldn't be caught dead without some designer accessories!!!

{turntable turns}

Announcer: This accessory package include a Louis Vuitton men’s messenger bag because paper messages are still a thing, a pair of studded Christian Louboutin heels that double as melee weapons and 2 pairs of Coach sunglasses for when you want to look at the sun in style! {modeled by Manuela}

Unreale: Now our show is similar to the Young and the Restless, the Bold and the Beautiful and some of the most popular soaps on TV today. But that doesn't mean we don't like taking risks.

For example, plenty of our most scandalous and steamy twists happen in the bedroom. However, a good amount of drama comes from the characters watching each other sleep. So now you can see how that works for you with your new bedroom set!

{door 2 opens}

Announcer: This rustic queen bedroom set includes a storage bed, nightstand dresser and mirror/wall chest. We have also incuded a cashmere top queen mattress for you because the set is pretty useless without a mattress! {modeled by Rachel}

Unreale: Finally, on my days off, I enjoy going fast and avoiding traffic. And the best way to do that is avoid the roads altogether. That why I get around everywhere with this new powerboat!!

{door 3 opens}

Announcer: From Saver, this Italian cabin cruiser is 6 m long has a 100L fuel tank is equipped with a 12 V battery and can reach speeds of 80 knots (90 mph for you landlubbers  :-)) {modeled by Amber}

Unreale: So if this soap opera themed showcase sounded good to you, then it can all be yours, but only if the Price is Right!!

{applause}

1233: You've gotta love that cross-promotion, am I right? Let's hear it again for Linda Unreale from The Fancy and the Lazy!

{scattered applause}

Unreale: It's Lisa, not Linda

1233: That's what I said, isn't it?  :-)

Anyways, TPIRfan#9821, you put this showcase together with your bare hands. The question is do you keep it or pass it?

{more suggestions from peanut gallery}

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2019, 12:10:34 AM »
Hey, a showcase filled with pretty much everything I suck at pricing! tpir04, it's all yours  :-D
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2019, 03:20:42 AM »
Man, the huge bit with Magic number just being called '#' had me laughing really hard! It was so hilarious!!!! I think I might want to be a contestant on the next show!!!!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2019, 07:57:39 AM »
Yikes! Three prizes that loosely fit together in some odd way. Uhhh...I wager that the boat is at least $18K, and maybe $2K for the accessories, and maybe $5K for the bedroom group...

*ditches any and all forms of logic*

Aw, the heck with it. I'll say $26,630.  :oldlol:

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2019, 12:05:49 PM »

{ding}

1233: Your bid of $26,630 is locked in. Now let's see what in store for you TPIRFan#9821. I hope you like it, because it's all we have left.  :-)

Announcer: TPIRfan, our gracious host has given you the rare opportunity to make your own showcase and how do you repay him? By passing it away like it's nothing.

Now there's no way that we are letting you make more decisions here today, no siree. From now on, you get what we give you. More specifically, you get the leftovers you abandoned in these other poor envelopes.

Don't get me wrong, leftovers can be great. Heck, I'm the kind of person that goes to Thanksgiving dinner just to see the tasty meals I'm going to have for the following week.  :-)

So hopefully these leftovers are good, too. So just sit back, relax and get what's coming to ya!!

{applause}

{announcer opens Envelope C}

Now, whether you already are talented or looking to get there, it couldn't hurt having this...

{GPT rises}

...digital piano!!! {modeled by Amber}

This quality clavinova digital piano comes in polished ebony and has 256 note polyphony, 16 track recording and damper resonance. It makes for the perfect living room addition when you want to trick guests into thinking you're cultured!!

{applause as Envelope A is opened}

Now, I bet that you would love to be able to appreciate the history of piano music and music in general. So how about we send you somewhere where you can fully do that?

That's why we're sending you on a trip to Tokyo!!!

You and a guest will fly roundtrip from Los Angeles to Tokyo, staying at the Ritz Carlton Tokyo. From here you will be steps away from both Fujifilm Square and Hinokicho Park, great tourist spots for the free spirited!! {modeled by Rachel at door 4}

{more applause}

{opens Envelope Y}

Now that you've been able to find yourself and relax during this showcase, it's OK to splurge a little. So that why we've given you...

{door 2 opens}

...this BRAND NEW CAR!!! {modeled by Manuela}

This 2020 Hyundai Elantra SEL comes with intellegent variable transmission, rear bumper applique and a convenience package. The Hyundai Elantra!!!

{loud applause}

{holds up Envelope Z}

One last thing, we are all about equality hare at the Numbers studio. So if you think we are going to give you an extra prize, you are sorely mistaken.  :lol:

{puts Envelope Z through a shredder}

So, if leftovers are your thing, then this is your showcase, but only if the Price is Right!!!!

****************************************************************************************

1233: OK, so what will your bid be, TPRIfan#9821?

{audience yells out suggetsions}

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »
For the record, I would've picked A, B, and X. It'd be interesting to see how that would've been adapted into a show, considering that they all fit together much better than B, D, and X.  :-D
Stop the madness.