Author Topic: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - Final  (Read 34701 times)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (Season 2 Premiere!) - Showcases
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2019, 12:34:13 PM »
For the record, I would've picked A, B, and X. It'd be interesting to see how that would've been adapted into a show, considering that they all fit together much better than B, D, and X.  :-D

Yeah, the quality of the first showcase's writing hinged a lot on the contestant's choices.  :-)

Also, to respond to our earlier inquiry, I will reveal all the unchosen options in detail at the conclusion of the show.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2019, 04:04:50 PM »
...now THIS is a showcase I like!

Numbers, I have a general idea on what I am bidding, but how many nights am I staying in Tokyo? For all I know, at the rate this show is going, I could be there from one day to one year! Granted, staying in Tokyo for a year actually sounds awesome, but I digress  :P
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
My apologies, the trip is for 7 nights

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »
I'll bid a nice round $33,333.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »

{ding}

1233: Your nice round bid of $33,333 is locked in, so we will see who wins after these fancy line breaks!

{applause}

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

{transition from break music}

1233: Well now it's time to see which one of you was the better bidder. We will start with TPIRfan#9821.

Your showcase included a digital piano, a trip to Japan and a Hyundai Elantra. You bid $33,333. The actual price is...

{pulls out tag}

...$37,006. For a difference of...

{ding}

...$3,673. Not a bad bid by any means.

Now we move to tpir04. You had a bedroom set, designer accessories and a powerboat in your showcase. You bid $26,630. The actual retail price is...

{slowly pulls tag}

Aww, you're over by just that much. I hope you enjoyed yourselves here today.

{shakes tpir04's hand}

But that means that TPIRfan#9821 is our big winner of the day!!! Go see your prizes!!!

{runs over to the new piano}

What a day, TPIRfan was able to acccumulate over $47,000 in cash a prizes. Not too bad for a half hour of work  :-)

From all of us here at the Numbers Studio, we hope you had a great time!!!

{credits roll}

*********************************************************************************

*Expected: 2/3 (Grand Game, Magic #)
Actual: 1/3 (Magic #)
*based on game options chosen

Thank you all so much for joining and being a part of the show, it was a lot of fun. I'll give one last post going into the the show details a little later tonight.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2019, 09:17:35 PM »
Just some quick notes about the unchosen options and the show in general

*Overall, the only thigs that were set in stone were the IUFB's and the game options/prizes. Originally, there weren't going to be any clues, but I felt that really didn't make it feel that you really were involved 

*Anyone who remembers my old shows knows that making the games easy wasn't my forte (it's a character flaw  ;-)). With this format, I was able to make both easy and hard setups.  The problem was that for two of the three segments (excluding Magic #), you chose the hardest option in my opinion.

*For the first game, if the opposite envelope was chosen (So You're Saying There's a Chance?), I was planning on going on a whole spiel about the odds of the contestant making it on stage at that particular moment. And then explain how the 1/720 odds of randoml winning It's In the Bag are nothing to worry about. What made IITB slightly easier, is that the salmon was going to be the extraneous product. The biggest part with this act is I buy a lot of fish and forgot that not everyone is me.  :-)

*For the part of the show that was supposed to be the slow point, Magic # was hilarious for me and hopefully you as well (sometimes, it takes someone duct taping your props to really open you eyes  :-)). BTW, the prop really does look better than it did before, so all the credit goes to TPIRfan#9821 for that

*The other option (One For Now, One For Later) as going to be Double Cross, with the clue being a reference to one prize being used now (in the summer) and one later (in the winter). The original clue I was going to use was "Flagged for Plagiarism", with a visual gag of the American Red Cross flag and the Switerland flag. They are pretty much the same except the colors are inversed and they both have crosses (two crosses = double cross?), but I thought it was a bit too convoluted

*For the last pricing game, the hardest option by far was picked in Gas Money, so the early bailout wasn't too out of the blue. For the first clue (Flair for the Dramatic), the light would have dimmed and a stereo backstage would have started playing Bonnie Tyler's hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (if you haven't heard it, do your self a favor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo  :lol: ). The iconic first words are "Turn around, every now and then..." and as those lyrics come out, Bonus Game set up for a win turns around on the turntable.

*For the third clue (Plant Based), there was a pile of small leaves that our unpaid stagehand had to come out and tell me were supposed to represent 7 four leaf clovers inside the envelope, signifying Lucky 7. The stagehand was then promptly fired. Also, since I'm not the biggest fan of the game, I couldn't bring myself to make the price any nicer than $27,885.

*Shockingly, the showcases were the most structured part of the whole show! With the way I wrote the clues, the theme fit almost perfectly, but not without some creative liberties (The Fancy and the Lazy was truly the only combo I didn't want to be chosen). Then, the leftover showcases made sense afterwards. The one envelope not used (Envelope Z), was actually as luxourious as the clue implied. It was a 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Momentum AWD, but I didn't use it because I wanted the two showcases to be as close in value as possible, and the cheapest possible choices were picked in Showcase 1.

*So I was glad that I was able to try my hand at this again. Personally, I feel that half hour shows might be better as the general go to. Being able to get through a show in 1 week is much more enjoyable for everyone involved, than having it drag out. But that's just me.

Like I said earlier, thanks to all who signed up and participated. Also, don't forget to go and sign up for PatrickRox80's show right now if you haven't already. I'm going to do right now! :-D

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »
Wonderful game, Numbers! That Magic # bit was fantastic!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2019, 08:18:30 AM »
Wonderful game, Numbers! That Magic # bit was fantastic!

Totally agree with you on that tpir04. I actually thought it was hilarious!!!