Author Topic: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1972 - THE END)  (Read 137870 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1972 - THE END)
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2019, 01:36:17 PM »
And now for the big moment...

Before I reveal the price of 123's showcase, here was the actual retail price of the other one...

TPIRfan#9821's array of prizes cost $38,155 in all. Now, 123, as long as you don't go over, you win your showcase. You placed a bid of $23,132. I'll lower this flap and tell you the actual retail price of the showcase is...

*cheers and applause*

$25,268! You win with a difference of...

Very good bid! Why don't you take your place over to where those prize displays are!

123 won $38,156 in prizes on this first show! This is PatrickRox80 saying goodbye for now. See you in 1973!

George: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right: A Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production!

Including 123, here's how much everybody won:
123123123: $38,156
TPIRfan#9821: $2,280
DarkShockBro: $1,199
tpir04, gamesurf and JayC: $300
Everyone Else: Parting gifts

The breakdown of the Showcase prizes:

Showcase #1:

Canon Camera: $799
Yamaha Mx-100B Upright Piano: $8,799
Pacific Ocean Cruise: $15,670
Total ARP: $25,268

Showcase #2:

Furniture Collection: $8,395 (Lounge: $1,199, Sleeper Sofa: $1,699, Desk: $2,100, Office Chair: $210, Loveseat: $1,099, Easy Chair: $699, Fireplace: $1,389)
Maid Service for a Year: $5,460
Mini Cooper 4-door Hardtop Classic: $24,300
Total ARP: $38,155

And that about does it! Thank you all for participating! Questions? Comments? Any are welcome.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:45:12 PM by PatrickRox80 »

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1972 - SHOWCASES)
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2019, 01:54:37 PM »
That showcase was more than I thought! The maid service was really the biggest surprise.

On IUFB 3, I was hoping to bid $1601, but I couldn't find any pictures. Same for 1602 and 1603.

Absolutely excellent show! The graphics were great, especially the showcase podiums. Your hosting style is more straightforward than other hosts, but that's okay. It's nice to have a no-nonsense show once in a while.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »
Is this the first time we had a DQ in a showcase?

Also, for the future- I'm not sure I would have handled it that way. I'd probably have called on the one excluded from the Showcase (in this case Shocky) to step in and play instead. Seems kinda weird playing against the house, that's all.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2019, 07:37:23 PM »
Also, for the future- I'm not sure I would have handled it that way. I'd probably have called on the one excluded from the Showcase (in this case Shocky) to step in and play instead. Seems kinda weird playing against the house, that's all.

Noted. I don't expect it to happen again but I'll keep that in mind.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2019, 03:37:26 AM »
In my defense, from some timestamp, either from the most recent post or the time I was PMed, I thought I had until 6 EST. Not much I could do waking up and realizing I was DQed. I would have messed around and done $32,132 anyways, since I was never putting the maid service above $2,000 and would have garfed the furniture.

Bullseye I for a car was outright sadistic. I appreciate going out of your way to try to make a difficult game have a high payout, but it just made the game more impossible. Saying that the car ended in a 0 pretty much made the setup at best as difficult as the original rules. Even then, since it wasn't a common car, we had a fun 6 out of 7 tries trying to get the thousands digit. I think this is just me personally, but at the very least, I would have given that setup the most expensive IUFB just for having to endure that, so that way, if someone else lost their pricing game, the Bullseye I player would have made it to the Showcases.

Other than that, great host!
I loved the graphics, and I really liked what you brought to the table.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect offering a Caddy in Bullseye was mean-spirited. I had flip-flopped with a range or giving the last digit before settling on the latter. It was a good idea on paper to demonstrate the difficulty, but a normally-priced car would have been more fair.

Most of the graphics were recycled when I did HYO's from 2005. The rest were from later files I've collected by hosting other Net Games.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2019, 04:14:00 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect offering a Caddy in Bullseye was mean-spirited. I had flip-flopped with a range or giving the last digit before settling on the latter. It was a good idea on paper to demonstrate the difficulty, but a normally-priced car would have been more fair.
The problem is, when Bullseye I had no range, the cars were 2 to 3K, so there kind of was a range. The car you set up for me was nearly 60K, And was an upper level model. There’s a reason BigJon sets up Bullseye with a $1,000 range, as that’s essentially the range the contestants from 1972 received. Honestly, you’re very lucky I somehow got it within $50, and I still think that should have been good enough to receive the car with a set-up that obscene.  :P

But besides that blemish and my changed-guess screw-up (which you handled very well), this was a solid show. Maybe one day I’ll host on Net Games Central. ;-)
Stop the madness.