Author Topic: What retired games should make a comeback?  (Read 3431 times)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
What retired games should make a comeback?
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:37:40 PM »
(EDIT: I tried to include a poll to this thread, but the poll doesn't let anyone choose more than one option, so I removed the poll. If this post is still too similar to the other thread, feel free to lock.)

On a previous thread started by Drew72 asking for a single game you could bring back, I humiliated myself with a post referencing all the games in my opinion I wanted to bring back instead of just a single game. I angered several people there for my misconduct, and I am sorry for that.

In that regard, however, still wanting to know what everyone's opinions are, I decided to make a more open thread about this matter to see which games (more than one) you would like to bring back to the rotation if you could.

For starters, of all the retired games there are, I feel that Hurdles, Penny Ante and Poker Game are just some of the games I feel deserve a second chance. I felt strongly that those games are worthy of a comeback in an effort to emphasize a more unique variety of pricing game concepts that can benefit wins. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but what are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:47:56 PM by whowouldeverhurtawhammy »
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: What retired games should make a comeback?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »
I really don't think that saying more than one game was wrong in that thread. Looking back at the strand of posts, the problems stemmed more from misunderstanding what you meant in your extra descriptions of Penny Ante and On the Spot, and then just with a poor choice of words led to a bit of discord on your response.

I don't think that Steve or gamesurf are truly "angered", just trying to understand your point of view with the way you phrased your responses. Heck, many people even gave "Honorable Mentions" in that thread, including me. I truly think a poll would have contributed more to the discussion, but at the same time, I personally don't think that this thread gives enough weight to not just use the previous thread.

I mean, I could go through every single game I want back, except for Double Bullseye and Add 'em Up, and maybe Balance Game I and On The Spot, I selfishly want all the games back, with a new coat of paint. With every single game, I'd argue there is at least some way to justify the game being unique enough to warrant a revival.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: What retired games should make a comeback?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 11:49:33 PM »
Nothing productive is going to come out of this thread existing.

LOCKED.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.