Author Topic: It finally happened (PYL 2019)  (Read 7731 times)

Offline yuki-louve

• Outside in Line
It finally happened (PYL 2019)
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:29:21 AM »
"Press Your Luck 2019" has had a Classic PYL alum return. Contestant Cathy was on in back 1985- they even showed a clip of her original appearance (as "Cookie").

She's in good company:

• The pilots for both Classic PYL and it's predecessor, "Second Chance", both featured Jack Campion and Maggie Browne as contestants (with a different third player each time)
  • Maggie Browne(-Schpak) of course later appeared in Classic PYL proper but not "Whammy: The All-New Press Your Luck".
  • According to an interview with him, Rick Perrie (a big winner in the days of the $25,000 maximum) had been on Second Chance; sadly his appearance there is not among the precious few surviving non-pilot episodes.
  • The aforementioned "Whammy" of course had the "Larson Rematch" episode with Janie and Ed (Michael Larson's opponents) return to compete against his brother (Michael himself having since died), complete with Peter Tomarken hosting the question round.
  • Scott "Hong Kong, all right!" Hostetler also appeared on "Whammy", and not for a special event.

I guess it's also worth noting that several Classic PYL contestants (including the aforementioned Maggie) later appeared on "Wipeout", which was also hosted by Peter Tomarken. Oh yeah, and Randy West (yes, that one) was on the last episode of the Tomarken-hosted, Rod Roddy-annouced "Hit Man" before his Classic PYL appearance.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
Re: It finally happened (PYL 2019)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else think the title of this topic is clickbait as I thought this was either about someone either winning the million dollars in the bonus round, someone whammied out in round one, or even all three players whamming out of the main game.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »
Yeah, it kinda was. But it worked!

You know, I was debating whether or not to watch last night, and I ultimately did not. Dang it.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:00:32 PM »
Yeah, it kinda was. But it worked!

You know, I was debating whether or not to watch last night, and I ultimately did not. Dang it.
You can watch the ep on Hulu among other sites
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »
ABC is replaying it tomorrow night at 9 PM ET.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »
ABC is replaying it tomorrow night at 9 PM ET.

Yes, thank you. I've been noticing that ABC and NBC rerun some of their primetime shows on the weekend.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!