Author Topic: TPiR Directors: Eskander vs. DiPirro  (Read 10525 times)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Directors: Eskander vs. DiPirro
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 09:24:18 PM »

1DC wrote:
Am I wrong, or is R. Brian DiPirro also the director for Deal Or No Deal?

He is.

As for the current shots of games played on the turntable after a prize is shown, was that at the request of Bart or another effort to save time?

I'd assume it's another time saver.

That said, I think I would go with DiPirro, just to see how he'd do the daytime show.

Offline JayG

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 11:34:24 PM »

1DC wrote:
Am I wrong, or is R. Brian DiPirro also the director for Deal Or No Deal?

He has, as well as many other game shows.  Off the top of my head: Whammy!, Lingo, Beat the Geeks, and Friend or Foe.

In fact, he has his own website: Glass Tower Productions.  Looks like he's done a lot of other directing outside of game shows.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 11:35:02 PM »
I'd like to put in my 2 cents. Dipirro would be the answer to our prayers for better prize shots. I'm sure if Price ever asked him to join that he could handle doing great shots of the big doors, and other parts of the set, without using the jib cam. Eskander just simply is against great shots of the doors or any type of cool shot. The only time he makes decent shots is during the showcases or in Golden Road. And that's about it!
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline TubaSaxT

• Outside in Line
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »

shellgame69 wrote:
DiPirro, for I loved the cool SCSD split screen triangle.  Beats the "Following the wheel slowing down" angle Bart is doing.

Not saying that Eskander's way is better, but am I the only person who doesn't like the triangle shot for the SCSD?  I know its "classic," but to me it screams of being stuck in 1985.

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »
I think the shot was just executed poorly.  There should have been a black background to the left of the pointer (as it was done before).  This prevented the look of an oversized head on a small body, which happened on GSM.  The look would have been much cleaner if the black was there.

Offline dad1153

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 02:40:02 PM »
The way I see it Bart gave up any claim to being a competent 'TPIR' director when he (a) butchered the 'Plinko' reveal and (b) recently chose not to instruct the dimming of lights for 'Every ____ in the House' showcases.  Put simply, I can't fathom DiPirro doing a worse job directing 'TPIR' than Bart does everyday now!

:hammer:

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 02:48:01 PM »
Bart has butchered the Safecrackers open as well.  Bart doesn't really seem to care about the classic history of the show.  I doubt he'll get fired though.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 04:15:41 PM »

UltraPrice wrote:
Bart has butchered the Safecrackers open as well.

That was more of Roger's work.  He suddently decided that for Bob to mention opening doors twice in ten seconds was repetative.  Plus, it saves a few seconds the new way as well.

Of course, Bart could do a much better with what they've got to work with now.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.