Author Topic: Season 48 Schedule Time  (Read 105460 times)

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Season 48 Schedule Time
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 07:42:48 PM »
One Away just had a minor upgrade this season, where the reveal slider had a gradient applied to it.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
One Away just had a minor upgrade this season, where the reveal slider had a gradient applied to it.

Tail end of last season, actually.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 08:24:40 PM »
Y'all can guess till the cows come home and still probably wont guess it :P

Also of note there's a redesigned on-screen graphic.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 08:37:38 PM »

Magic #?

Offline bobbingforapples

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »

Doesn't mean we won't try. :P

Personally, my best guess is either Make Your Move or Spelling Bee.

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »
What are they waiting for - the "Cyber Monday week break"? And what if there's a set change between the two seasons?

I seem to remember one season they aired a Christmas show (or shows) from the previous season. It may have been during season 37 when they aired the season 36 episodes, and the hypocycloids most definitely stood out among the square-filled episodes around them.

To this day I'm not really sure why it happened, I just remember it happening, being surprised, then dismissing it since it was obviously a rerun (which I hadn't seen originally), so I enjoyed it anyway. I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »
A game that could be considered "Classic", but actually aired kind of late in the 80's, and it got a major refurbishment?

Credit Card is back baby. /s

Meming aside, I would actually guess Spelling Bee. It certainly seems a little dated, and I don't want the eggcrates to go, but it might be inevitable.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2019, 01:30:16 AM »

On-screen graphics, like the lower third  “$10,000/$16,000/$25,000” whenever Grand Game, 1/2 Off, Bag, or Punch are won? Or “Double Showcase Winner?” That one hasn’t been updated in 10 years.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2019, 02:24:12 AM »
I seem to remember one season they aired a Christmas show (or shows) from the previous season. It may have been during season 37 when they aired the season 36 episodes, and the hypocycloids most definitely stood out among the square-filled episodes around them.

To this day I'm not really sure why it happened, I just remember it happening, being surprised, then dismissing it since it was obviously a rerun (which I hadn't seen originally), so I enjoyed it anyway. I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

They did that at least once in the 80's (notably after Bob went Grey Haired and he had to do a voiceover making note that it was a rerun from previous year, and also in the late 90's. So definitely not without precedent. Pretty sure even in last few years they've also done it, but could be wrong.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »
They did that at least once in the 80's (notably after Bob went Grey Haired and he had to do a voiceover making note that it was a rerun from previous year, and also in the late 90's. So definitely not without precedent. Pretty sure even in last few years they've also done it, but could be wrong.

They also aired the previous year's Halloween episode one year (2014, I think), as they had to cancel that year's special's taping because of Drew's surgery.

I remember when ABC used to inform viewers on the air when its game shows were repeats - usually with Let's Make a Deal (Jay Stewart would say it in a voiceover at the end of the episode), but the last week of The Moneymaze did this as well.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »
Personally, my best guess is either Make Your Move
The font for MYM's numbers were updated ( 1st time it show up was 1/25/19 ) 

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »
On-screen graphics, like the lower third  “$10,000/$16,000/$25,000” whenever Grand Game, 1/2 Off, Bag, or Punch are won? Or “Double Showcase Winner?” That one hasn’t been updated in 10 years.
Interestingly enough, there is actually a radically different (currently unused as far as I know) win graphic for the Showcase Showdown that can be seen about 47 or 48 seconds into this video reel:
https://soyouthinkyoucandan.com/portfolio/reel

Looks like this guy is the one responsible for most of the graphics used on the show along with multiple other design elements of the show.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »
We'll keep guessing until September 22...by then one of us is gonna get it right!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2019, 09:55:05 AM »
Doesn't mean we won't try. :P

Personally, my best guess is either Make Your Move or Spelling Bee.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see MYM with touchscreen sliders ala Double Cross
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2019, 09:15:50 PM »
I don't see 9,000 on this list. Didn't they say they were celebrating it in October?

Any chance they might not be having a ceremonial 9,000th?