Author Topic: Season 48 Schedule Time  (Read 105457 times)

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Season 48 Schedule Time
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »

My second guess:  Squeeze Play.  Any game that still needs a person hiding behind the game is probably suspect for a modernization.

The most recent change to Squeeze Play was its paint job ( The original color scheme for the game returned on the Season 44 premiere show)

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »
I checked the taping schedule, my school district's spring break starts the week after taping ends for the season.  :mad:

My girlfriend and I are probably going to Vegas that week; was hoping to squeeze in a bus trip to LA to see the show, but I guess that ain't happening.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2019, 08:55:39 PM »
Went to a taping today. There is a second game that got remodeled, and this one looks like junk now (IMO). I don’t think it was needed either.

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »
Went to a taping today. There is a second game that got remodeled, and this one looks like junk now (IMO). I don’t think it was needed either.

I know you probably can't spoil which game it was or the specifics of the redesign, but can you tell us when this show will air?

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2019, 10:23:04 PM »
I know you probably can't spoil which game it was or the specifics of the redesign, but can you tell us when this show will air?

According to the calendar, the show that was taped today was the Breast Cancer Awareness show.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2019, 10:24:31 PM »

October 30th. The game in question has been remodeled before.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2019, 11:46:28 PM »
October 30th. The game in question has been remodeled before.

Pick-A-Pair?
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2019, 12:18:05 AM »
Pick-A-Pair?

I’ll save people a little on the guessing. The game has been redesigned in the last 15 years. Also, it’s more of a renovation than a complete redesign. For those with OCD, it looks odd.

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2019, 06:42:44 AM »
I’ll save people a little on the guessing. The game has been redesigned in the last 15 years. Also, it’s more of a renovation than a complete redesign. For those with OCD, it looks odd.

Good grief...it sounds as if they did to another game what they did to Clock Game. An unnecessary rennovation that makes that game prop look terrible.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »
Technically they had to update it.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »
I don’t know if we’re talkinf about the same game here. The one gamesurf and I know about hasn’t been redone since it debuted. (Unless it’s something very minor)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2019, 11:17:58 AM »
I don’t know if we’re talkinf about the same game here. The one gamesurf and I know about hasn’t been redone since it debuted. (Unless it’s something very minor)

I can confirm we aren't. The game I saw appears to have been renovated (not remodeled) some time after the taping gamesurf went to. The game prop is now a lot larger, and things have been shuffled around a little. It keeps the same look as it's most recent update.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »
Can confirm it’s a different game.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2019, 11:30:39 AM »
I'm going to guess either Pathfinder or Master Key for gamesurf and Adam's taping (leaning toward the latter), and Now or Then for Josh's.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2019, 12:33:55 PM »
Didn’t Now it Then get updated in 2016?
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!