Author Topic: tpiradam's The Price is Right - Canadian Edition (THE END)  (Read 191351 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
tpiradam's The Price is Right - Canadian Edition (THE END)
« on: July 31, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »
Hello all! I am so excited that HYO has resumed. I've spent some time toying with multiple ideas for a show but I figure for it's return I'll start with a 'basic' one-hour show. Extravagant prizes and lots of glitz and glamour! The vast majority of prices are in Canadian dollars. Sign ups will commence now and close up Sunday evening with the show beginning on Monday the 5th. I need at least nine people to sign up. The contestant selection process will go as follow. I'd like you to tell me which game you think you'd excel at and why. I'm looking for more than 'Double Prices because its 50/50', I'm looking for substance. Now for the rules:

- 24hr response time limit. If you are unable to respond within this time limit please let me know and I will wave the penalty. Otherwise a failure to respond will result in a penalty.
- Audience participation is definitely allowed; however I would prefer that the candor be a little more calmer. No heckling from the audience please!

I will PM when you are called on down. After that you are on your own to keep track of when it's your turn to bid and onstage and so on. I'm hoping for a fun and exciting show and that everyone has a ton of fun! This could be the start of the rebirth of a fun and successful HYO career :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 07:54:29 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: tpiradam's The Price is Right - Canadian Edition (SIGNUPS)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 07:42:20 PM »
I believe I would do best at 1/2 Off. I could easily judge the 1/2 off price from the actual price on each pair of SPs, and, for as long as I can remember, I have had a knack for picking the right box in the main game.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 10:49:11 PM »
I believe I would excel at Hole in One-- I can do at least reasonably well placing the groceries in order from least to most expensive and I am very good with putting straight.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 11:40:18 PM »
Canada, eh?  :-D And you know I'm in!  :-)

As for a game I think I'd excel at? Probably That's Too Much. It sounds peculiar, I know, but the main thing you need to know in this admittedly tough game is a general idea of car prices and where you typically have to stop (3rd to 8th spots). Since I spend way too much time looking for car prices, I think I could win this game if it came up. Call me crazy.  ;-)
Stop the madness.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 02:09:40 AM »
I would go for Card Game. Yet if I would stumble upon getting the $1000 card I would really need to zero in on getting close to the price of the car there. Of course it has to be at least $999 away from the price of the car. Hopefully the temples in my brain can do wonders with that! I wonder if my eyes and/or eyebrows can do as well?! Weird? Yes! Yet you never know! Lol!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 12:31:50 PM »
I'd be down to join. Who doesn't like Canada?

If I had to choose one game, it would have to be Bonkers. Do I know the last digit in the price of a Ski-Doo? Absolutely not. But the game does a great job of combining two of my best skills. My short distance speed would get me a good amount of guesses and my uncanny ability to be completely ignorant would mean that I wouldn't look at the crowd even once.  :-D

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »
Count me in.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 03:48:44 AM »
I'll throw my hat into the ring!

A game I would certainly excel at would be Superball. I definitely have a grasp of the prices of the small prizes, and I am really good at skeeball. Sure, it's retired in the US, but that doesn't mean it can't show in the Canadian version!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
One game I think I would excel at (and have actually mostly excelled at while playing along at home) is Triple Play, not necessarily due to the gameplay itself, but more due to having extensive knowledge of the base prices of the cars they’ve been using for this game, along with the (to me) easy setups they’ve been using for the last several years with $2,000+ gaps between each fake price.  If I remember correctly, I’ve been able to "win" each car with nearly 100% accuracy.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »
One game I think I will excel at is Grand Game. I play along with the show and usually win 95% of the time.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 10:21:51 PM »
It is Sunday evening according to Los Angeles time however I only have eight participants so far. I’m extending the sign up deadline until tomorrow evening in the hopes I can get one more participant...

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 10:57:17 PM »
Well, I am Canadian so I guess I should partake here.

I think I'd be good at Clock Game. I'm a fast talker when I want to be and could probably rattle off prices at a good speed.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
Thank you to everyone who signed up. Sign ups are now closed and with there being nine participants that guarantees everyone a shot. The show will begin shortly...

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's The Price is Right - Canadian Edition (IUFB#1)
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 09:54:15 AM »
Announcer: Heeeeeeere it comes! From the Molson Ampitheatre in the heart of downtown Toronto, its the Price is Right!

DarkShockBro, come on down!

123123123, come on down!

JayC, come on down!

And Gameshowfan9001, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right! And now, here’s the host of our show: tpiradam!

Thank you! And welcome one and all to this very exciting episode of The Price is Right! We have tons of wonderful prizes to give away and let’s get it started with this first item up for bids today!:

Announcer: it’s a new refrigerator!

This Samsung 22 cubic ft. Black Stainless 4-Door Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator offers a touch screen on the door for storing all your favourite recipes and go to recipes!

And that prize will go to the one of you four who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over. DarkShockBro, what do you say?

DarkShockBro
JayC
Gameshowfan9001

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 10:04:32 AM »
Hmm... let's go $1,777.
Stop the madness.