Author Topic: 2019 End of Season FPG Thread  (Read 34811 times)

Online OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
2019 End of Season FPG Thread
« on: August 06, 2019, 02:56:21 AM »
So, I've made it to the end of my first season as FPG host. I know I could've been more diligent and consistent with things, but I kept things running and I had fun with the game while keeping the train going. But I'm open to feedback and seeing what you guys think was good about this season and what could be improved for next season.

Submit your thoughts. I'll take it in consideration, and maybe you could see something change for the better.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
Re: 2019 End of Season FPG Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »
I see this has gotten buried probably because it's the middle of August (I didn't notice it until today myself), so I'll go ahead and add input.

I think you did a great job. I especially liked the Joker twist and the increased amount of Sleeper Sixes. They add fun and variety to the season. I've grown to appreciate this game as just a fun diversion we play every week. The regular season standings really don't mean a lot here (they mean way less than in CSS), so it's good to just have fun diversions and keep playing. I've grown not to overly mind playing on Thursdays when a Friday show is spoiled. I would, however, caution against that in the playoffs. I think starting the playoffs in early May to give some buffer time in case shows end up getting spoiled out is a good plan that should continue. All the playoff games should be relatively normal Friday games.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: 2019 End of Season FPG Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 12:26:04 PM »
You did an excellent job. Even though I only played two games this year, you did a phenomenal job in guiding me through the FPG scorecard and correcting me on mistakes I might have made. I hope to be back for S48 and I hope you are as well.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!