Author Topic: Card Sharks 2019 theme in the clear  (Read 550 times)

Online tpir04

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
Card Sharks 2019 theme in the clear
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »
Buzzr has posted a loop version of the 2019 CS theme music...take a listen!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVJEGehk3o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVJEGehk3o</a>

I like this version, clearly not as much as the original, but still, they did a great job modernizing the theme. The various background phrases are rearranged, and some of them (such as 0:18) are more prevalent here than in the 78' theme. The only problem I have is that the clapping in the very beginning seems too loud and not in unison - it lingers on for a split second longer than it should.

Thoughts?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019; Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
R.I.P., Windows XP (2002-2019). You will be missed.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Card Sharks 2019 theme in the clear
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
The clapping effect is computer generated, by my ear, which is probably why it isn't more rhythmic. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there isn't a genuine instrument used in the whole score, the entire thing sounds like it was produced by a software program. But as a opening theme for a summer replacement series, it serves the purpose.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline GameShowKid

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 07:19:08 PM »
I like this version, clearly not as much as the original
Its ok for me here; to me it sounds better on the show. The original version is the best, especially with the genuine instruments (using Off_traks phrasing :) ) employed back then.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
In my view, I've been wanting to hear the new theme for a while, and now that I've had the opportunity to do so, I don't like it as much. You can't beat the original them. Now, if I could just find the new Press Your Luck theme, it'd be great..... but that's another whole story.

Online jude_este

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »
Now, if I could just find the new Press Your Luck theme, it'd be great..... but that's another whole story.

They had the PYL theme showcasing the new Whammies in a tweet posted on June 9th.

And as for what I think about the theme to get back on topic, you can't be the original one but it fits for a summer replacement series for Modern Family and Single Parents.