Author Topic: Card Sharks 2019 theme in the clear  (Read 6343 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Card Sharks 2019 theme in the clear
« on: August 08, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »
Buzzr has posted a loop version of the 2019 CS theme music...take a listen!

I like this version, clearly not as much as the original, but still, they did a great job modernizing the theme. The various background phrases are rearranged, and some of them (such as 0:18) are more prevalent here than in the 78' theme. The only problem I have is that the clapping in the very beginning seems too loud and not in unison - it lingers on for a split second longer than it should.

Thoughts?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Card Sharks 2019 theme in the clear
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
The clapping effect is computer generated, by my ear, which is probably why it isn't more rhythmic. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there isn't a genuine instrument used in the whole score, the entire thing sounds like it was produced by a software program. But as a opening theme for a summer replacement series, it serves the purpose.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 07:19:08 PM »
I like this version, clearly not as much as the original
It’s ok for me here; to me it sounds better on the show. The original version is the best, especially with the genuine instruments (using Off_trak’s phrasing :) ) employed back then.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
In my view, I've been wanting to hear the new theme for a while, and now that I've had the opportunity to do so, I don't like it as much. You can't beat the original them. Now, if I could just find the new Press Your Luck theme, it'd be great..... but that's another whole story.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »
Now, if I could just find the new Press Your Luck theme, it'd be great..... but that's another whole story.

They had the PYL theme showcasing the new Whammies in a tweet posted on June 9th.

And as for what I think about the theme to get back on topic, you can't be the original one but it fits for a summer replacement series for Modern Family and Single Parents.