Author Topic: 2019 NFL Season (100th Anniversary)  (Read 86845 times)

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
Re: 2019 NFL Season (100th Anniversary)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »
My Cardinals begin their season with a 24-24 tie after Kyler Murray led a furious 4th quarter comeback and the Lions shot themselves in the foot with an ill advised timeout. Too bad the Cardinals couldn't score a touchdown instead of a field goal on that 1st possession in overtime but Murray's 4th quarter Performance was encouraging.

27-27 and no one should really care about the timeout. Lions need to do a better job of executing. Oh, and not blowing 18-point fourth-quarter leads.

On the flip side, very nice debut for Kyler Murray. Now the Cardinals need to play a full 60-minute game.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 03:11:45 AM »
Matt Ryan gets sacked on the first friggin' play of the game from scrimmage. Then he gets picked. The run defense couldn't stop a crippled turtle much less the Vikings' run game. Well-earned loss for Atlanta.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 09:59:38 AM »
Alright, I don't follow football that closely, but let me say this: the tie between our Detroit Lions and the Arizona Cardinals last night was downright disappointing. Matthew Stafford threw for 385 yards, and the Lions made three touchdowns, with no interceptions, giving us an 18 point lead in the fourth quarter...and in spite of all this, we tie. The Lions were all set to win this thing, and while we didn't lose, it still felt like we lost. I will give them credit, however, for keeping the Cardinals at bay early. I just believe that they let their guard down too early, leaving the job unfinished.

On the bright side, they've got a better rotation than they did last year, and from what I've heard, they've been tightening up their overall game, so we'll just have to sit tight and see how the season unfolds.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 10:35:42 AM »
Redskins status: Choke confirmed.

Really, the Redskins came and played their hearts out in the first half, then laid down and got dominated by Philly. This loss is mostly on the coaching I feel, we've seen this song and dance too many times. This sort of heartbreaking loss in Week 1 is brutal and may well make Gruden's seat hotter.

As a side note, I don't think deactivating Adrian Peterson for this game mattered much in light of how it unfolded. Nonetheless I think it was the wrong choice and more importantly beggars the question of why we still have him. He was recently named team MVP and he's not dressing for the game? This isn't a question of Xs and Os, this is a question of what are you doing to team morale.

Offline Gerald78

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »
Not sure how the Seahawks won yesterday but I'll take it :)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 12:43:15 PM »
Redskins status: Choke confirmed.

Really, the Redskins came and played their hearts out in the first half, then laid down and got dominated by Philly. This loss is mostly on the coaching I feel, we've seen this song and dance too many times. This sort of heartbreaking loss in Week 1 is brutal and may well make Gruden's seat hotter.

As a side note, I don't think deactivating Adrian Peterson for this game mattered much in light of how it unfolded. Nonetheless I think it was the wrong choice and more importantly beggars the question of why we still have him. He was recently named team MVP and he's not dressing for the game? This isn't a question of Xs and Os, this is a question of what are you doing to team morale.

Well, I'm not sure if he had any hand in the decision, but if he did, it would go without saying that after 20 years, Daniel Snyder has absolutely no clue what he's doing (although not that the rest of the division minds, of course). 

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 11:05:55 PM »
As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I could care less about the Redskins and the crappy way they're run. At least Jerry Jones knows how to win at all costs, proving that you can't just talk the talk, but you have to walk the walk too.

Kudos to Dallas on their opening win over the Giants on Sunday, and good luck against Washington in Week 2.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 10:15:18 AM »
But I hope they realize that if they do give Prescott the deal he appears to want, they'll have to let everyone else on the team not currently under contract go over the next two years, as that plus Elliott's new deal would take up too much of the payroll.  So it may be fair to say this year could be their last chance to win it all in the near term. 

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 12:40:12 PM »
In terms of contenders, I think the AFC is basically Patriots and Chiefs again. The NFC is more wide open. I would probably make the Cowboys the favorites in the NFC but the Rams, Seahawks, Eagles, Packers, Bears, and Vikings all have a shot. But there's no chance of any team other than the Patriots or Chiefs winning the AFC.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 12:44:04 PM »
Patriots and Chiefs are 6:1 favorites to take the Super Bowl. Worst odds are Miami at 500:1.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »
Wow, the Bears pull this one out of nowhere as they take it 16-14 on a last second field goal.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2019, 08:26:38 PM »
I love Redzone :) Only got to see that great Bears-Broncos finish because of Redzone. My Cardinals remain winless after being shredded by Lamar Jackson :(  Adarin Peterson surpassed Jim Brown for 5th place in career rushing touchdowns in the Redskins loss to the Cowboys with his 107th. And Father Time has finally caught up to Adam Vinatieri.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 05:03:13 AM »
Atlanta gets the breaks to fall their way against the Eagles. They convert on 4th for a go-ahead touchdown, then on the ensuing drive they stop the Eagles on 4th and 3 to ice it.

Saints-Rams rematch was devoid of controversy this time but notedly devoid of suspense as well. La-la Land prevailed.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline dagdoggnh

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »
I'm a big fan of the New England Patriots, started the season with 2 huge wins(33-3 over the Steelers last week and 43-0 yesterday over the Dolphins).

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
The Dallas Cowboys have released defense end Taco Charlton.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27645896/free-taco-cowboys-cut-former-first-rounder