Author Topic: 2019 NFL Season (100th Anniversary)  (Read 86826 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2019 NFL Season (100th Anniversary)
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »
The 2020 modern era Hall of Fame class has been announced,:

Troy Polamalu is the only 1st ballot guy. (Was there ever any doubt? Nope.)

The long overdue Steve Atwater and Edgerrin James made it.

Isaac Bruce made it. Bruce is a borderline guy in my opinion but I don't have any problem with the selection.

Steve Hutchinson rounds it out. Not a bad pick by any means but I'd have voted for Alan Faneca instead.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2020, 06:38:45 AM »
The line on SB LIV only moved a half point in the last two weeks. People are making wagers on anything from which non-QB will throw a touchdown pass (a la "Philly Special"--a $500 bet nets you $1500) to how long it will take Demi Lovato to sing the National Anthem.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »
At the half, it is all tied up between the 49ers and the Chiefs 10-10 thanks to a pass to the 49ers Kyle Juszczyk from Jimmy Garoppoloand the extra point from Robbie Gould.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »
1st of all, congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on being Super Bowl 54 Champions.

The 49ers had the upper hand most of the night but Patrick Mahomes came to life just in the nick of time. Mahomes threw a key 44 yard pass to Tyreek Hill to set a Mahomes to Kelce touchdown and Damain Williams scored the winning touchdown with 2:44 left and a strong Chiefs pass rush finished the deal. Great players aren't always great, they're just great when they have to be.

Cobgatulatins to Andy Reid as well. Winning a Super Bowl should ensure his future place in Canton.

Oh, and seeing the NFL 100 All Time Team on the field before the game was totally awesome baby! :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:15:10 PM by moneygamelover »
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2020, 10:20:54 PM »
I'm so happy for Andy Reid. No one deserved a title more than him. So happy he finally brought one home. He absolutely clinched his spot in Canton.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2020, 10:29:52 PM »
I'm so happy for the Chiefs and their Super Bowl win!

Guess those who bought Madden 20 will be glad we did, because the cover athlete in that game won the Big Game. And he's the youngest MVP ever.

I'm so happy for Andy Reid. No one deserved a title more than him. So happy he finally brought one home. He absolutely clinched his spot in Canton.
Yes, he'll go down in history as the man who brought an end to the 50-year championship drought.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2020, 10:54:27 PM »

All of us in the Philadelphia area pulled for him as well; though I of course wish things had gone differently way back in XXXIX, this was well worth the wait for he. 

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2020, 11:53:09 PM »
Andy Reid had great teams, but lacked a QB with leadership qualities. Patrick Mahomes was the answer and it finally paid off for Reid.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2020, 05:47:28 AM »
My heart said San Francisco but my wallet said Kansas City. Wallet 1, Heart 0.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2020, 03:43:00 PM »
- Holy guacamole, Batman. Is Aaron Boone clairvoyant or what?!

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2020, 04:47:51 PM »
Fast numbers: overnight ratings showed 102 million viewers last night, the tenth largest Super Bowl audience.
--Michel de Montaigne

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2020, 11:14:39 AM »
Cleveland's Myles Garrett has had his indefinite suspension lifted by the NFL. The Browns say they will welcome him back.
--Michel de Montaigne