Author Topic: March 25, 1983 (Master Key debut, full)  (Read 9204 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: March 25, 1983 (Master Key debut, full)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 10:20:43 AM »
Can't believe that this awesome game debuted just 2 weeks and a day after I was born!!!! By the way, it was really interesting to see the older version of Pick-A-Pair. As far as light shows go, for its time, this game had the best lighting effects when the game was won!!! I don't know if I'd be able to compare it with $uper Saver, or even Credit card, but hey, a win's a win!

Online Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »
And for all you out there who post recaps of this episode in the future (or other episodes where featured), the car on offer in Master Key the Ford Fairmont Futura.

Many recaps from the 1978-1983 era have used the mondegreen "Thairmount" (or similar words).

A friendly JSYK. :)

Brian

Online Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »
By the way, the commercial that aired after the Master Key segment -- a Columbia House pitch for their series of videos for the classic TV show "Good Times," that takes you back, doesn't it?

Back then, these video cassettes -- which were offered on a subscription basis it appears -- usually had four episodes per tape and IIRC were all episodes fitting a theme. In this case, you might get a tape with a theme like "The Best of JJ," "James Tries To Find Work" and so forth. And I'm guessing not every episode was included in the series. ("Good Times," for instance, had about 140 episodes, but I'd guess only about half that made it to the subscription series.)

Thank goodness for DVD, Netflix and other on-demand services these days.

Brian

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 02:03:44 PM »
Master Key aside, this episode is worth watching because of Bob’s running conversation with chatterbox contestant Wanda and a great costume party showcase.