Author Topic: Master Key question  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Master Key question
« on: August 25, 2019, 03:13:19 PM »
When was Master Key last played? Has it been retired? Was the game won last time it had been played?

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Master Key question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
Master Key’s still in the rotation.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
When was Master Key last played? Has it been retired? Was the game won last time it had been played?

I can't be the only one who's tired of people wanting to know if a game has been retired every time it goes a while without being played.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
To my knowledge, the last time Master Key was played was June 11. It was a partial win, as only the cheapest prize was won.

I have no reason to believe Master Key would be retired.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »

First, I have to admit to curiosity: why do you think Master Key has been retired?

Second, just so you know, you can see what games have been played when at the excellent TPiR stats website:

http://tpirstats.com/

As you can see there, it was played approximately its usual number of times in season 47 so there's no reason to believe it's retired. It's currently on a two game losing streak; the last time it was won was on April 15 when an extremely savvy contestant who is so good looking he makes Brad Pitt jealous got both the master key and the car key. That was the first time that happened in almost 10 years.  :-D :-D #seeTheSwirlingStarAndTheDateAndTheAvatarInMyProfile #shamelessSelfPromotion
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:00:09 PM by LiteBulb88 »

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »
LiteBulb, I think by now we know who this "Mystery Guest" is.  ;)
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!