Author Topic: Can't post this elsewhere but looks like there's an FAQ problem.....  (Read 29141 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Click on it, and you get a connection is not secure error. Not sure what the issue is, but it evidently can't be accessed due to this.

Correction: Could bypass it, but still should be fixed.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: Can't post this elsewhere but looks like there's an FAQ problem.....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »
The FAQ's security certificate expired again. Same issue as last time.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 06:35:41 PM »
Since the FAQ portion of the is presently only being actively logged in to by one person (Steve), I've just set the Wiki software to default to traditional HTTP for now. 

The previous certificate was supposed to be good for 30 days and renewable by me twice more while other options were explored. Paying for an SSL certificate for just the largely read-only FAQ doesn't really make much sense - but long term, I'd like to get the entire site switched over to HTTPS so it's something that'll have to be addressed. 

But in the meantime, the error should be nominally gone (exception: any bookmarked links that current point to the HTTPS version of the FAQ will still generate the error)

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
The site certificate for this whole site has expired. I had recaps forum bookmarked on my computer and the site certificate error showed up a few months ago. I had to jump through a couple hoops to get to this site. I bookmarked each forum as a test and all show the certificate error. I had a back door bookmark that worked till a few weeks ago, now the error message shows up for that too.